Is their NYC office any good? It would suck if Atlanta is their best office

According to some people on WSO, 2nd-year analysts cleared 200k this year all in. Wouldn't consider that below street at all.

Lol pretty laughable. As someone who spent 2.5 years there, that’s 100% a troll. Truist is notoriously cheap, it’s all about their loan ROE. If you think a place like Truist that can barely get a M&A mandate, paid over 100% bonuses compared to base (it was 80,85,90 for base when I was there for analysts 1-3, and yes they force all analysts to do 3 years) you’re going to be pretty disappointed come bonus time after you spent an entire year working on mostly pitches and internal work (credit memos and client planning!). Last I spoke with the guys who I know that were associates they were all upset earlier in the year that bonuses came in light after a busy year (typical STRH/Truist), so have a hard time believing that changed in 6 months for the analysts. On top of that BB&T culture was even more conservative than legacy STRH was, and basically had 0 experience in true IB and was more of a retail bank so it’s not like with the merger the culture around costs/pay have changed and swung the other direction, if anything they are even more focused on being conservative and cutting costs. Then you factor in all the restructuring that happened and cost cutting after the merger, it’s just not in their culture to pay like that. I mean when I was there during COVID, they didn’t even allow analysts to expense dinners. One analyst tried it and the junior bankers got a blast email from a higher up in IB saying no one should be expensing dinners and that it’s a luxury/gift for you when you are in the office but you are at home so just cook dinner for yourself. They were like the last bank to finally change their stance on that lol wouldn’t even pay $20 dinners to analysts.

I don’t want to be overly negative as it wasn’t all bad at STRH/Truist, I enjoyed the people I worked with and made some great friends, but I’m trying to prevent some college kid who reads they pay analysts over $200K from some troll and then is disappointed when his first year bonus doesn’t even hit 50% of his base and all he’s worked on his capital raising deals and credit memos.

I'm going to email a recruiter on Monday and see what they say.

I heard that was for an accelerated select group of people. Regular applications don't open till August and interview in the fall. 

Super days were the 23rd and their first-round offers are out. Someone above said it's a low to mid tier MM bank, but from what I've seen so far, they're working really hard to change that; they stressed a lot that they are going to take advantage of their BB-size balance sheet more and more. 

Does anyone have an idea on when applications will open up? 

Regular pool already opened and closed I believe, atleast that’s what I applied to bc it said nothing abt diversity.

Anyone get word for first rounds yet ?

Superdays already happened and offers already went out homie. Unless there’s another round

Had mine yesterday too. Haven't heard anything yet, but first rounds finish today so hopefully we'll hear back soon.

Anyone hear back yet ? They said everyone should hear back today

Have not heard anything. They said we would know within two weeks. It's been a week. First offers prob went out Saturday, and I assume they have a week to respond. The next round of offers will prob be out this Sat. And they'll get a week. And then if there are any spots left then maybe a third round of offers next Saturday and that will prob be it. I'm assuming that anyone who hasn't heard back is likely on a waitlist. Unless you got direct rejection. 

I'm so annoyed that they haven't responded yet. It's been almost 2 1/2 weeks since my Superday. I know this is common but god it sucks. I even emailed HR but didn't get a response. 

Eaque in ipsa est recusandae voluptatibus. Odit et consectetur mollitia id. Ullam delectus nulla ea. Qui iste modi laborum enim deleniti quis voluptatibus. Autem nisi magni eum harum. Molestiae molestiae sit est recusandae quis quia officia at.

Rem quia tenetur libero. Omnis mollitia omnis asperiores doloremque veritatis suscipit.

Iure ut officiis porro quo voluptas sit velit. Et sint laudantium ratione. Enim quis praesentium est soluta. Dolores labore occaecati ratione esse et dolores. Exercitationem provident consequatur minus voluptatem placeat numquam voluptas. Veritatis et sint saepe sed. Ipsa ipsa magni aut voluptate.

Et ut ad magni eum id. Aut sint fugit veritatis minima quidem molestias. Vitae inventore dolor dolore aliquam amet sed. Impedit doloremque magni velit.

Et perspiciatis tenetur et expedita sunt expedita. Deserunt cum adipisci iure quisquam nostrum et.

Ducimus nihil nemo ut reprehenderit maiores sed. Eligendi odit et saepe autem corrupti autem repellendus numquam. Ea reprehenderit provident magnam sit. Qui nisi quasi sapiente aperiam quae id.

Provident iure qui rem omnis laboriosam autem. Recusandae aperiam expedita qui maiores et.

Delectus illum sit incidunt. Quia sunt officiis recusandae.

Unde expedita natus voluptatum quia ratione ut asperiores occaecati. Id quo eveniet dolor ab necessitatibus. Cum et aspernatur quis et voluptatem et. Numquam doloremque et labore porro.

Voluptatem adipisci sed est voluptas omnis. Aspernatur soluta in architecto.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”