Trump Administration's Handling of Coronavirus and Impact on November 2020 Election

(1) How would you rate the federal government's response to the coronavirus crisis and economic shock thus far?

(2) What impact do you think will this have on the upcoming federal election?

The reaction has been okay, not great but not terrible either.

This will have little to no impact on the election. It is shaping up to be a battle between an incumbent and a senile old man with serious congnitive imparement.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Most Helpful

I actually do think that the response has been horrible. At least in terms of organization within the administration, its failure to present a united front, presenting the facts, etc.

Last few days the president has actually come around and actually understands the severity now. From a few weeks ago saying the Democrats were pushing the "coronavirus hoax" to today saying "its bad" and actually admitting that it might lead to a recession. Wouldn't have thought he was capable of saying such words.

Do I think it will have a material impact on the election? not really. His base is rock solid. As far as his base is concerned, the coronavirus was caused by Nancy Pelosi and/or Chuck Schumer. With that said, his base isn't big enough to get him elected, he needs moderates/independents. That'll be the true test.

Also helps that the democrats have horrible candidates, IMO. Possibly one of the most consequential elections in a long time and they couldn't deliver something better than a fading 77 year old that half the time doesn't know where he's standing.

I see the odds like 51-49 atm in favor of Trump re-election. My 2 cents.

I think the bar is set very low for this POTUS. For any other POTUS, the response would be pretty bad. With that said, his handling of this situation will not likely have any impact on the election. A deep recession and major declines in the stock market should have a much more significant impact on the election.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”