UFC 268 & 269 - who ya got?

some great fights coming up ladies and germs! who ya got?

UFC 268

Usman Covington?

Rose Weili?

Gaethje Chandler?

UFC 269

Oliveira Poirier?

Nunes Pena?

Edwards Masvidal?

other fights you've got your eye on?

268: Usman by UDec, I think the refs will be very careful to stop this fight early and a part of me doubts Colby can get KO'd given his cardio. I think Usman wins 3 or 4 rounds convincingly, but idk if he gets the stoppage.

THUG ROSE!!! hopefully we get to see her kick ass for more than a few seconds this time. better dead than red LESSSGOOOO

Gaethje is a monster that people are sleeping on, Chandler did VERY well against Oliveira, but Gaethje will be the best wrestler he's ever faced, has great cardio, and will likely chop his legs off. Gaethje by UDec

269: Poirier is at his prime. Oliveira wouldn't have gotten the shot were it not for Dustin taking the money by embarrassing Conor. Poirier's BJJ is VERY good (go back and watch his guillotine of khabib, he nearly beat the LWGOAT), and I think while oliveira is a disciplined striker, dustin is better in every way apart from BJJ credentials. Poirier by TKO, R4 or 5

the only way amanda nunes loses at any weight class is if GSP comes back as a tranny, Nunes in R1

I like masvidal, and I think he wins here, but I expect something to go wrong. maybe it's an eye poke, maybe it's a weight cut issue, maybe it's an early stoppage, but this fight will likely be the most controversial one after the night is over. these guys will never be WW champions (I think Chimaev steamrolls the division after Usman decides to move up to 185), but they will be relevant

really excited about cruz munhoz and edgar vera. I was excited to see if rockhold could return, but he just herniated a disc, so maybe his UFC days are truly over

any fight fans out there? or are all of you just casuals who like conor mcgregor, nate diaz, jorge masvidal, and laura sanko (OK OK OK I like laura too)

Usman has been too dominant recently..... Colby only beat up a beaten up Tyron Woodley. USMAN 3 RD TKO. Rose is too slick for any woman not named Valentina or Nunes (thankfully different weight classes). Justin G should take the fight. Chandlers chin is suspect and Justin can easily weather the storm. Poirer is my most confident pick here as his striking might be top 5 in the UFC and he'll catch Olivera early in the fight. Nunes VS Pena.... Really? Call me crazy but Masvidal is beating Leon in a stand-up fight. 3 Piece and soda is coming back. 

Usman's a certified killer, only way I can see Colby win is by decision if he consistently throws more volume than Usman and Usman fails to land any big shots that Colby reacts to (highly unlikely)

Weili vs. Thug Rose, honestly 50/50 - feel like Weilis going to come back in the most savage way possible but wouldn't mind hearing DC have another verbal orgasm over a Thug Rose win

Gaethje's defensive ability to block shots with his massive 4-head is uncanny - Gaethje smashes Chandler and gets a TKO either in the first round or rounds 4-5

Masvidal makes it a dirty fight which isn't quite Edwards style - but then again he fucked up Nate Diaz so I wouldn't be surprised if Masvidal's face gets carved up curtesy of Leon's elbows. If it goes past the second round I think Edwards wins by decision but there's a good chance Masvidal's thinking of giving him the Ben Askren special for the clout

Nunes smashes everyone.... 

I don't see Usman losing. I think the Khamzat fight would be interesting, but it seems like Usman is already tuning out and wants a Canelo boxing bout. He seems much less determined than Cloby and that can be a huge factor.

I want Chandler. Both him and Gaethje have insane knock out power and come from wrestling backgrounds. Chandler is much more explosive and smaller. It will be interesting how GAaethje uses his super effective leg kicks because Chandler has had issues with them in the past. Not sure if Chandler can with stand wars when Charly Olives Ko'd him.

Most Helpful

bump. I'm just gonna say it, UFC 268 was the best top to bottom card I've ever seen. alex pereira striking fear into the hearts of middleweights, chito vera front kicking frankie to the face (sorry frankie, I love ya but that was BRUTAL), chris barnett wheel kick to front flip splits, shane burgos in yet another brawl, first card in a while I've just been absolutely glued to the screen and forgot to get another drink. perhaps there have been better main cards, but top to bottom I can't recall a better card.

well, Usman is still the best p4p fighter today and rapidly building a case for WWGOAT (still GSP in my book) but colby is so frikkin close it's crazy, that fight was WAY closer than I anticipated, as hard as we knew usman worked, colby worked just as hard and it was another mostly even match. I think the judges got it right, but usman only won 2 rounds convincingly, plus another 1 or 2 toss ups that could go his way. also love the face to face and embrace at the end, proves usman knows colby has a good heart but a bad mouth and colby really does respect him. like holloway volkanovski, I could watch these two fight all day long, there's such a humongous gap between them and the rest of WW

I'm glad rose is champ, I don't think she won that fight. I think she did enough to keep the belt, but not convincing at all

gaethje...WOW. chandler's style will not have him last long in the UFC, he won the first round but got his ass kicked in the 2nd and 3rd. gaethje is maturing greatly and his patience was on display, I would've liked to see him rush in when chandler was wobbled but I think he solidified his claim that he's the next title contender. after that, then we can argue whether it's dariush or islam (would like to see them have a title eliminator match or have one of them fight the loser of poirier oliveira)

UFC 269

super shitty masvidal had to pull out, was looking forward to that, but still like my pick of poirier by TKO in the championship rounds. 

Accusantium reprehenderit id dolorum dolor. Mollitia non eius aut ratione delectus neque quasi. Inventore quia dolores aut necessitatibus iusto enim aut voluptatem.

Sunt eius labore ea odit ut explicabo eveniet dolorum. Doloribus soluta adipisci sapiente ea. Amet quaerat placeat architecto autem non. Quo magnam rerum rerum esse reprehenderit non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”