UK TARGET SCHOOLS TIER LIST 2020

Top Targets: LSE,Oxford, Cambridge and LBS.
Low targets: UCL, Durham,Warwick and Imperial.
Top semi-targets: Nottingham, Bristol, Edinburgh
Low semi targets: Exeter, St Andrews, KCL, Strathclyde, Manchester and Cass.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (40)

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2020 - 3:51pm

Top Targets: LSE,Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial and LBS.
Low targets: Durham,Warwick
Top semi-targets: Nottingham, Bristol, Edinburgh
Low semi targets: Exeter, St Andrews, KCL, Strathclyde, Manchester
Shit tier: Cass, City

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Ind
Apr 29, 2020 - 4:15pm

is this post grad or undergrad? LBS is only graduate, plus their masters programs beat LSE, Oxford, and Cambridge across the board

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2020 - 4:18pm

Top Target: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE

Target: UCL, Warwick and Imperial

Top semi-target: Durham

Semi-target: Bristol, Nottingham, KCL, Edinburgh, Bath, Exeter and St Andrews

Prominent non-target: Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, York, Cass and Loughborough

Please tell me this Strathclyde meme is a joke...

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Apr 29, 2020 - 4:37pm

Strathclyde is on the up. Did better than half the semi targets this year and their finance society is really strong.

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Apr 29, 2020 - 7:16pm

Yeah... that's just straight bullshit.

The only Strathclyde kids going to banking went through the backup routes (target masters or Big4 ACA). Who let these Strath kids on WSO?

• Associate 2 in Acct - Other
Apr 30, 2020 - 5:45am

If you're saying Strathclyde is "on the way up" then so is Loughborough and I'd be reluctant to call either of them semi-target for UG.

For PG, both are firmly in non-target territory.

Aug 11, 2020 - 7:20pm

Top Target: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, LBS and Imperial

Target: UCL, Warwick and Durham

Top Semi-target: Bristol, Nottingham, KCL, Edinburgh and Bath

Semi-target: Exeter, Manchester, Leeds, St Andrews and Cass

Prominent Non-target: Loughborough, Birmingham and York

Please tell me this Strathclyde meme is a joke...

I have got offers from York (Msc Fin) and Exeter (MSc Fin Analysis and Fund Management) for Jan 21. I don't have any kind of work ex and I will be completing my accounting undergrad from India. Which one to choose from Employment Perspective in UK???

Is having no Work Experience/Internship  considered as deal breaker while reciting in Uk???

Funniest
Apr 30, 2020 - 8:27am

You've all drank the bullshit Kool-Aid universities, recruiters and banks have been force feeding you. Here's the truth!

Top Targets: Kent Business School, Liverpool School of Management and Newcastle University Business School
Targets: University of Salford, University of Lincoln and Strathclyde University
Semi-Targets: University of Brighton, University of Central Lancashire and Robert Gordon University
Bottom Bucket shit holes which land you a BO role in Bulgaria (if you're lucky) : LSE, LBS, Oxford and Cambridge

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Apr 30, 2020 - 8:45am

Not true, talking from a semi-target. There's 4 people on my course (in my year) that are on the same internship at the same bank (BB). And that's just for that course and that bank.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Apr 30, 2020 - 9:36am

Literally agree, there are plenty of people going to BBs from these unis but they're all in ops or finance etc. You always get one or two strange ones (normally someone going straight into nordic or other teams like that) but actually in IB? Not happening. Leeds and Manchester are not going to be the ticket to IB...

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (195) $233
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (404) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (330) $82