Undergrad School Prestige on Wall Street (2021 Edition)

Tier 1: Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Stanford, Princeton, MIT

Tier 2: Columbia, UChicago, Penn, Dartmouth, Duke, Cornell

Tier 3: NYU Stern, UMich Ross, UVA McIntire, Georgetown MSB, UCB Haas

Tier 4: Northwestern, WashU Olin, USC Marshall, Emory Goizueta, UNC KF, UCLA, BC Carroll

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (35)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Feb 20, 2021 - 10:36pm

I'm going to be entering college this fall and was wondering what I could do this summer to get a better sense of the work in the different fields. I had zero experience with business in high school but am looking to potentially go into that field in the future. Are there any books, videos on Youtube, or anything I should look into to learn more? Also, when I do go to college, what extracurriculars would be helpful for me to learn more about finance and potentially network? 

• Analyst 1 in S&T - Equities
Feb 20, 2021 - 12:58pm

I love how 2 of the schools from Tier 3 have had years where they send more students to FO than any other school in the country. These lists are so funny. 

• Intern in IB-M&A
Feb 20, 2021 - 1:26pm

Am I just stupid cause I dont even know which two you're talking about and I go to one of the Tier3 list. Guessing between Stern, Ross, and Georgetown. 

• Analyst 1 in S&T - Equities
Feb 20, 2021 - 8:40pm

Fair, but the "...on Wall Street" and the average age of those here led me to believe this was related to recruiting and the like.

I'm going to be entering college this fall and was wondering what I could do this summer to get a better sense of the work in the different fields. I had zero experience with business in high school but am looking to potentially go into that field in the future. Are there any books, videos on Youtube, or anything I should look into to learn more? Also, when I do go to college, what extracurriculars would be helpful for me to learn more about finance and potentially network? 

• Prospect in IB - Ind
Feb 20, 2021 - 3:27pm

There should be three groups. Georgetown, NYU, and arguably Michigan (all huge feeders for IB) should be in the second group. The rest should be in the third group. A few in the third group should arguably be dropped entirely, and replaced with Brown, Vanderbilt, Top LACs etc.)

Feb 20, 2021 - 8:28pm

If you are on this page and actually reading this, this is your reminder to text your girlfriend (or wanna be girlfriend) you finance hardo

Array

Feb 20, 2021 - 10:25pm

Your comment makes one significant assumption. Happens to be inaccurate when applied to me xd. 

Array

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

May 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (194) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (110) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (404) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (329) $82