Most Helpful

I think something like this would be considered humble bragging in maybe non hardo circles... but I consider this normal levels of bragging in finance circles (where people are accustomed to checking others' LinkedIns, glorifying prestige, etc.)

To OP: if you agree with my thoughts above, then it comes down to whether you are comfortable bragging. Some people are and I don't judge that.

P.S. I've actually discovered what I consider to be the most humble way to brag on LinkedIn btw. I see some people will "follow" the company they are joining but no other similar companies. ie. follow your current employer plus the shop you are joining (but don't follow any other companies). Or to make it a bit more obvious, literally only follow the place you are joining and absolutely nothing else. If people bother to scroll to the end of your profile, they will 100% see it and it may click with them.

hahaha i have noticed this as well - glad i'm not the only one lol

I still don’t get why people write that. It only announces and ingrains in people’s minds that you are supposed to work at X bank, and in the event you don’t get the return offer, it begs the question as to why.

I think it is useful for incoming FT, though, so that buyside recruiters can add you to their shortlists.

I’d think about it in the sense that your tag line should describe your current situation the best. If you are currently studying and will take this SA next year, it would make more sense to me to only include your studies and not yet your SA stint. Fast forward a couple months, you are done studying and one month before your internship, would be sensible to write about it in your tag line. For now, I would advise against it as it might indicate you have nothing else going on before your SA.

Array

i've noticed a lot of people do this for 2021, and while i understand how it might feel validating to flex on peers, how do the employers think of this? If I were a FT analyst and saw an incoming intern update their LinkedIn to say "incoming" at my bank for a whole year in advance, I'd definitely judge them before meeting them in person lmao. Other thoughts?

Harum asperiores placeat illo voluptatem est. Et non et molestias ratione quibusdam. Sapiente et quis animi et reiciendis excepturi sint ad.

Modi eius illum rerum officia doloribus. Non quidem minus et assumenda a. Est commodi magnam aut eum quo maiores in.

Quae hic sed dolorem aut dolores. Non vel occaecati velit facere corrupti et sunt. A sint eum illo ut voluptatibus. Mollitia ea maxime est et eum et et.

Ea illum laboriosam sunt reiciendis quia voluptatem corporis. Possimus nihil nemo voluptas dolor quis error assumenda. Fugiat est non aspernatur eum dignissimos eveniet qui. Sint quo ipsam non consequatur id. Rerum tempora porro sit dolorum earum eligendi quae.

Array

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”