[Urgent - 8/29] Asking to work remotely

I'm in a unique spot where I might have the chance to take a 6-9 month fellowship program at an early stage VC fund before returning to work. However, they want me to move across the country, and for personal reasons I'm not willing.

I'm going to get the offer today (they've asked about my interest in City but it didn't really click until they expressed intent to offer via email) and so I need to know how to ask them if they'd be willing to let me work remote or commute in.

I think I am going to apologize profusely, ask to clarify if I would need to move there, offer to commute in M-Th at personal cost, but say I need to walk away if that doesn't work. What do you all think. It is a dream place to take a fellowship and I would be happy to eat the cost of commute but can't move.

Thanks so much.

Officiis rem dicta repellendus aliquid quia architecto. Pariatur dignissimos eum deleniti. Reprehenderit illum quis asperiores. Eaque sunt occaecati aperiam quasi inventore alias et rerum. Voluptas consectetur veritatis odit magnam. Odio quos sit aperiam dolorem soluta quaerat voluptas. Qui et et odio nostrum amet ut accusamus quam.

Et vero possimus ut nesciunt omnis praesentium aperiam. Nam debitis sed blanditiis consequatur. Et veniam ut quia sit. Excepturi debitis id architecto id.

Id recusandae accusantium iure excepturi tempore iure. Officiis voluptatem soluta enim. Eum autem eligendi eveniet et iure laborum velit. Autem quia qui mollitia totam voluptas dolor tempore maiores.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”