Hey thanks for the info...even am IN :)))) as per the website...but no official email yet...but I guess I can start celebrating...so are you accepting it?

Best Response
bbrupbacher:
I'm not sure yet. I also got accepted to Tulane, Washington University, and I am awaiting decisions from BC and London School of Econ. So, I have a lot of thinking to do.

Dude, I would run, not walk to WUSTL. Best ROI of all schools. In full disclosure, I'm applying to both Vandy and LSE, but in different rounds, so I'm not deliberately trying to misinform you. I'd apply to WUSTL, but FIN Eng isnt my thing- and I'm likely not quant-focused enough.

Btw, you must be the most intelligent person in Covington. Haha, I'm LA raised myself, and I'm a little startled to see someone with your profile. Very impressive.

Jiggy:
bbrupbacher:
I'm not sure yet. I also got accepted to Tulane, Washington University, and I am awaiting decisions from BC and London School of Econ. So, I have a lot of thinking to do.

Dude, I would run, not walk to WUSTL. Best ROI of all schools. In full disclosure, I'm applying to both Vandy and LSE, but in different rounds, so I'm not deliberately trying to misinform you. I'd apply to WUSTL, but FIN Eng isnt my thing- and I'm likely not quant-focused enough.

Btw, you must be the most intelligent person in Covington. Haha, I'm LA raised myself, and I'm a little startled to see someone with your profile. Very impressive.

Thanks for the compliment! I am actually beginning to lean towards the WUSTL program. I wasn't necessarily looking for Fin Eng either. But, nterestingly enough, I had a Skype call yesterday with the academic director of a new CorpFin and Investments MSF track at WUSTL and I was accepted into the inaugural class (30 students) of the new program. Its still pretty quant, but not quite engineering. It will be hard to turn down after the conversation we had. He was a great salesman, lol.

Good luck to you with your apps!

Congratulations, guys!

I wanted to chime in with some thoughts, because I also got accepted into both WUSTL and Vanderbilt this week.

Like you guys, I was reluctant to apply to WUSTL, because it seemed more like an MFE program, but I'm glad that I did, because the new corporate finance & Investments track is more what I would expect a MSF program to be. I suspect that I talked to the same gentleman that you did, bbrupbacher, but I walked away with the impression that the new corpfin track would not be very quantitative at all. At least when you compare it to their new Quantitative Finance track, with the future financial engineers.

I'm not sure how quantitative WUSTL's new corpfin track will be compared with Vanderbilt or Boston College, but now that they made the two tracks, there should definitely be no mistaking which one is the MSF and which one is the MFE.

EmperorTamarin:
I wanted to chime in with some thoughts, because I also got accepted into both WUSTL and Vanderbilt this week. E.

Were you accepted into the CorpFin track or the Quant track?

The director of the program assured me that it would be pretty quantitative. Nothing on an engineering level, but still pretty quant compared to some broad based MSF programs. WUSTL has a good rep for that stuff, so I think it will be a good mix. I am looking to get into equity research or IB analysis, so I am very interested. I am going to visit the campus and faculty at the end of the month.

BUT... I just got my official Vandy letter and they are offering me a $15k scholarship. I don't want to make my decision based on price, but ROI is a big deal and that money makes a big difference. I am torn now. Any advice out there?

bbrupbacher:

BUT... I just got my official Vandy letter and they are offering me a $15k scholarship. I don't want to make my decision based on price, but ROI is a big deal and that money makes a big difference. I am torn now. Any advice out there?

Curious about your stats if you are comfortable sharing.

Hey there guys. Congrats! I also got in Vandy, Tulane and UIUC. I applied to WUSTL but didn't receive a response yet (deadline is April 1st). I applied to all of them on the second round. I wonder when you all got a response from WUSTL?? 'Cause I'm so eager to know whether I will get in or not so I can make my choice between them! Again, congratulations to all of us and I wish us all the best, no matter where we end up going to! :)

Anyone has any piece of advice to help me pick my school? I've been having a really hard time doing my pros/cons list!

Congrats everybody

Anyone attending Vandy's welcome weekend? or Villanova's? Been accepted to both. Anyone have any help there? They'll end up being the same price as it stands now..

Quo debitis sint laudantium quo architecto omnis. Sequi autem voluptates beatae amet. Mollitia dolorem deleniti velit eveniet. Doloribus cumque omnis dolores sunt ratione illo vero. Omnis cupiditate velit quia eum unde labore et. Tenetur mollitia ratione nisi rerum dolores.

Velit laborum facere unde. Ut iste totam est voluptas. Aut ex sunt aperiam nostrum quia. Incidunt esse est atque iure dicta et qui. Ullam voluptatem qui delectus et ad modi aut provident.

Eos praesentium delectus sed repellendus consequatur. Ut at repellat corrupti voluptas.

Inventore qui veniam deleniti quis. Dolores ducimus omnis rerum hic sit ab voluptatibus. Et cum totam ab est voluptatem libero.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”