Hello everyone. I am a recent 24 year old graduate from Middle Tennessee State University with a liberal studies degree. I have a 3.2 GPA and a GMAT score of 760. My gpa is due to me working full-time during school. I spent 5 years with Dollar General, 4 of which in management. I also spent 4 months with Geico at their regional office in Macon, GA (I briefly moved down there to take care of my ill grandmother.) and 4 months as a relationship representative at a large credit union in the Mid-State area. I'm in the process of getting a job in operations with AllianceBernstein here at their new HQ in Nashville. I plan on working there for a year or 2, then applying for the MSF program at Vanderbilt. I have taken up to Calc 1 and several stats courses (always a B or better), but I have no accounting or finance courses under my belt. What do you think of my chances for admission to the program?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+62 by CRE in OFF
- Associate in my mid-late twenties, my director is amazing - I just really like her. Maybe I'm telling you all because I can't tell anyone else.+60 by sadsoul90 in OFF
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+44 by NovemberRain in JOB
- ***4/9 UPDATE: This is taking a little more time than I expected, and while I do appreciate and welcome all the questions, I will be a little less active on this starting tomorrow. Will still try to get to all questions though. Feel free to ask, comment and discuss though. Thanks all....+40 by monkeyking722 in IB
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+33 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+26 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- Hey all,
I was able to acquire a small managed service business a few months ago ~1M Revenue, 300k EBITDA almost all recurring revenue. I am looking to acquire another one in a different area ~3h flight away from where I am living now.
The deal is ~2M Revenue and ~500K EBITDA, with about...+23 by takenotes08 in PE
- Someone plz give me a good knock knock joke that is funny but not corny. I need to make a good impression and I SUCK at knock knock jokes+21 by ISA2130953 in IB
- Has anyone made the switch from being an analyst at a single manager to being a PM on any of the platforms?
As background, I've been at a single manager for 6 years and have covered my sector for a total of 8 years. I'm making ok but not great money for someone my level (500-750K)...+18 by bulge4lyf in HF
- Ok, fellas. I'm bored to tears in real estate and am looking for new interesting paths and new challenges. What are some niche real estate products that people rarely think about? Self-storage was the trendy niche that, in my view, is now overbought in a lot of U.S. markets. What are some...+17 by real_Skankhunt42 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr12Rewind - M&A Business Case - Estee Lauder Pitchbook Part 4 + Q&A(All day) Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Apr16Podcast: Hustle -- Eric Bahn -- 4/1612:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Apr17WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 4/17, 7pm, The Bungalow in Santa Monica7:00 EDT Santa Monica, CA