Vandy MSF vs. Villanova MSF for IB

Wanted to hear some opinions and advice on school choice. I know both programs are good for IB, with Vandy being a little better. However, Villanova is roughly 20k cheaper overall. So the question is, if Vanderbilt is worth the extra money for the extra prestige?

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (39)

Jun 2, 2020 - 11:22pm

Don't worry about the money, you'll make wayyy more money out of Vandy to cover the difference. Plus, it places exponentially more people in IB roles than Nova. It's a no-brainer if you ask me or anyone else.

Jun 3, 2020 - 9:34pm

I would call and speak with Vandy admissions ambassadors. I had a friend in a similar boat and he ended up choosing Villanova. With programs like these the owness is on you to network outside of OCR to really place in a top spot. Vandy def has better placement but frankly, as long as you have a strong resume or can build it during the program, you can network with the Villanova alumni and place just as well. Plus saving the 50k or so is pretty valuable. I think Vandys higher ib placement rates are concentrated in lower mm boutiques with about 4-5 students placing in umm, eb or bb vs Villanova that has 3-4 place in the top ranges. It's really on you to decide if you can put in the work and if you're willing to shell out an additional 45k or so.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Most Helpful
Jun 4, 2020 - 12:47am

No, dude. I just graduated from Vanderbilt and our class this year alone had 15 people go UMM/BB and over 30 get into IB - which is nuts considering there were only 60 people in the class (excluding 5 MSF/JDs). The choice is pretty clear.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 6, 2020 - 6:52pm

I think you were just too late. I applied around 2 weeks before you and they told me that I was one of the last ones to get in.

Jun 10, 2020 - 1:12pm

Dicta numquam hic iure dolores esse molestiae a. Dolorum repellendus culpa deserunt vitae omnis quia eos.

Corrupti unde voluptas quia aliquam et eum. Perspiciatis nemo et laborum dolores nostrum non dolor. Et illo quis unde id.

Omnis autem dolore molestias et dolor. Autem autem saepe quo autem quisquam. Unde molestiae qui cum soluta. In mollitia sed numquam velit sed quos iste. Repellat reprehenderit voluptatum rerum aspernatur quas in est ipsam.

Eaque possimus et cum. Sed non voluptatem adipisci in.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (237) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (515) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84