... Don't say "obviously VC analyst" because...well, read on.
- A famous fund, good track record
- I will be responsible for the hardware industry, which hasn't really taken off here in China (and no one know if it will). That means low deal flow, I will probably only be able to do 2 deals a year.
- I can't switch to other industries.
- Over 40 front desk (analysts/associates/junior partners) people in this fund, I will in the lowest rank.
- Analyst is really only able to do deal sourcing here, no one cares what you think about the case.
Corporate Strategic Investment
- I will be an associate in a newly started department of 3 people. I can do deals by myself within half a year.
- They have a decent amount to spend each year.
- I will be partially responsible for overseas investment and negotiation.
- Well, it's the corporate strategic investment department...
- I'm not sure what I can do after this. Switch to a VC job?