Current first-year analyst here, trying to lateral. I recently had athe other day at a regional M&A shop I believe I might have got this question wrong. My background is in , so I don't have any M&A experience and I was asked this question in an interview. This was my answer and I wanted to get your take on it, and please include anything I might have missed. This will be helpful in future interviews.
My answer was as follows (with explanations, but this is omitted to save some time):
- Signing the Engagement Letter
- Development of a Contact Prospect List
- Development of Marketing Materials, CIM,, Financial Models, Teaser
- Sign NDAs with potential buyers
- Send the CIM
- Initial Bid Procedures Letters
- Creation of a
- Buyers submit IOIs
- Management Presentations
- Evaluate Initial Bids
- Signing a Term Sheet
- Final Bid Procedures Letters and Final Bid Placement
- Select the winner of the bid
- Signing Definitive Agreements
- Fairness Opinion
Please feel free to provide feedback if I missed anything. Its much appreciated.
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.