Hi. Could anyone share their two cents on how to break into Wall Street from undergrad? I want to go into HF or similar, probably not staying in IB. But I have heard that IB is usually a stepping stone to these jobs? Is it difficult to go from undergrad straight into these other careers? Even if I stayed in IB or another industry, how long would it take to get to associate (w/o and w/ MBA), vice president, then MD? If I decided to leave Wall Street after 3-5 years, what could I do afterwards? Work at a large corporation in the finance department or work on a start-up? What opportunities will get opened up to me from a few years on Wall Street. What is the next more lucrative thing to do if not staying in IB until MD position? What is the next best interesting/fun/ rewarding job if not staying in IB? Even on Wall Street, how difficult is it to switch industries? Thanks.
Relevant Salary & Bonus Data
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Let's comment some of our favorite cringeworthy LinkedIn posts. Here are some of mine:
1. "Humbled and honored to announce that I have accepted an offer at company x..."
2. "Had a transformative experience attending company x's two-day leadership program..."...+180 by ThinkorSwim2015 in IB
- I saw this on twitter and I thought damn that's a good question.
Someone else said "That time has far more value than money."
I answered "still waters run deep"
Someone's calm or quiet nature does not reflect their level of depth, likability, or...+47 by isa2130953 in OFF
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+35 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- Hi all,
Have been using WSO as a source of info for quite some time (soph year of college... now 3 years out of college) and decided to see if I could contribute in any way. I will try to be as responsive as possible to any questions you may have. See my story below:
Graduated from a...+29 by PepperJackCheddar in PE
- [The share of Americans not having sex has reached a record high](https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/03/29/share-americans-not-having-sex-has-reached-record-high/)
> For most of the past three decades, 20-something men and women reported similar rates of sexlessness. But that has...+26 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- What industries have you noticed that have continuous growth regardless of recessions?
Is there one particularly that surprised you?
Is there one that you think is not so safe anymore?+25 by isa2130953 in MKT
- Currently weighing two FT offers- one is an EB but in their boston office, the other is a less prestigious firm in NY. The boston firm is definitely a better firm and I'd rather work there, I'm just nervous about living in Boston because I grew up in LA and have worked in NY my past...+16 by Intern in Investment Banking - Generalist in IB
- Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a. Mauris blandit aliquet elit, eget tincidunt nibh pulvinar a. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Donec velit neque, auctor sit amet aliquam vel, ullamcorper sit amet ligula. Nulla...+15 by Prospective Monkey in Investment Banking - Mergers and Acquisitions in OFF
- Hey everyone. I recently graduated from school (non-target) and have received two offers. The first is at a top BB RE Lending group (where I would be doing both CMBS and BS lending). The second is at a mid/small REPE firm that directly invests in RE companies ~$10bn AUM. As my end goal is to...+15 by jackd15 in RE
- Came across this proposed deal today.
At first glance it might appear that LBOing Greenland, likely with 100% debt as the strategic [USA] is highly levered, is a bold high risk high return move. At...+14 by Basketfoot in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/21-8/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 8/21, 7pm, The Bungalow (Santa Monica)7:00 EDT Online
- Aug27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Boston, 8/27-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Sep03Podcast: Frank Rotman (QED Investors) - Getting to yes -- 9/312:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Sep10Podcast: Khaled Hussein (Red Door) - Trust the network -- 9/1012:00 to 1:00 EDT Online