was i 100% rejected?

dagro's picture

i just got this:

"Thank you for your interest in discussing career opportunities with McKinsey & Company.

We have reviewed your background and are impressed by your accomplishments. At the present time, however, we do not have a position available that would best match your experience and training with our needs. Should that situation change, we will contact you.
Once again, we appreciate your interest in our firm and wish you every success in your career."

i applied for the summer analyst position. i'm caught up with the "Should that situation change, we will contact you" part. does this mean i'm waitlisted or is it just meant to soften the blow?

any experience anyone? will appreciate any info. thanks.

Comments (13)

Dec 14, 2009

Its a form letter. It is most likely what they send to everyone that they do not provide an interview with.

Dec 14, 2009

you're not in.
they send that email out after everything has been decided for all candidates incld the waitlisted ppz

Dec 14, 2009

Haven't you ever told a chick, "I'll call you"? Was she waitlisted?

Sorry about the rejection, bro.

Dec 14, 2009

Yeah sorry man, that's a standard rejection letter.

Dec 14, 2009

well, here's to having hoped, and there's to hoping to hope...
better luck next year with the regional office (that doesn't offer internships godam)

"... then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Learn More

2,037 questions across 209 consulting firms. 11 Cases developed by a McKinsey Associate, 10+ hours of video. The WSO Consulting Interview Prep Course has everything you’ll ever need to ace your consulting case interviews. Learn more.

Dec 14, 2009

only offer letter you should be looking forward is from piperjaffries

lol

Dec 14, 2009
alwayshere86:

only offer letter you should be looking forward is from piperjaffries

lol

What a comedian...and the fact you have to laugh at your own joke only it makes it worse...

Dec 14, 2009

How original.

Dec 14, 2009

piper jaffray

lawl

Dec 14, 2009

Yeah, that letter is surprisingly similar to the letter Piper Jaffray will soon be sending to "alwayshere86." I've definitely gotten a lot of those emails/letters and they all suck. I can't decide what I hate about them more, the fact that they are anonymously wishing me luck in a mass email or that they just blatantly lie about the fact they will keep your resume, contact you if needs change, blah blah blah.

Dec 14, 2009

hahaha

whats with the sour taste in humour boys?

come on...why make it personal for? I certainely wasnt making fun of the OP.

Dec 15, 2009

Thank you for your application and for expressing an interest in internship opportunities with McKinsey & Company. Unfortunately, at this time we do not host an internship program at your school so will not be able to open discussions. Our internship program is still in the pilot stages and quite small so we are not able to meet all outstanding candidates.

Please reference our website, www.mckinsey.com/usschools to learn more about McKinsey & Company and our full-time employment opportunities. If you remain interested, we encourage you to apply online for our Business Analyst Program during the fall of your final year of studies.

Once again, thank you for your interest in McKinsey & Company. We wish you the best in your summer experience.

Not sure if you go to a Target school - for McK's internship program there are only a few schools (10 I think).
The following year I did get the interview for full-time.

AudiChow

Dec 15, 2009
Comment

"... then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."