Would like to get your thoughts on being a research analyst for a wealth manager. The position would entail doing third party manager research and due diligence.
- How are wealth management research analysts viewed, given financial advisers are at the front of the business?
- Are the skills learned in this function transferable to asset management?
- As a manager research analyst progresses, what are the positions as they move up? (eg fixed income trader could lead to PM; equity analyst leads to sector head, etc)
- Would this position pigeon hole the analyst in manager research or could it lead to portfolio management or traditional fundamental research?
- What are traditional exit opportunities? I would assume fund of funds or other manager research opportunities, but are there others?
Thanks in advance