Wells Fargo IBCM Super Saturday 11/13-14

Who attended the Wells Fargo Securities IBCM super saturday this weekend? Have you heard back yet regarding an offer? What was your take on the weekend and future landscape for WFS?

I haven't heard back, but I already know of one person who got the call this morning. So, if we don't get a call tomorrow, does that mean that we don't get a offer? Do the people who don't get an offer get a call tomorrow as well?

alifungice:
I haven't heard back, but I already know of one person who got the call this morning. So, if we don't get a call tomorrow, does that mean that we don't get a offer? Do the people who don't get an offer get a call tomorrow as well?

My experience has been: Phone call=offer Email=rejection

Did your friend get an offer for IBCM?

JesseLivermore1907:
alifungice:

My experience has been: Phone call=offer Email=rejection

Did your friend get an offer for IBCM?

yea is that SIG or IBCM? Heard we get word Wednesday

What I heard was Wednesday as well, but who knows. Yup, the offer was for IBCM. I remember Leah saying that a fair amount of offers has been sent out already and that there were a lot of people they had on hold. She said that there spot left for 11-13/14 people, but it sounded like offers were limited and that they would be comparing us to the candidates who were on hold....

You know, that's what I was wondering too. My last interview ended late and by the time I got back to my holding room, the interviewers had already started to filter in and were pulling out score sheets they had on their candidates. From what I heard, some teams had much easier interviewers than others, so I don't know if its just a general ranking. But Leah did say that there were candidates for previous weeks on hold, so they must compare all the candidates in one way or another.

Oh that's interesting. I know they must have made their decisions quite quickly too because some interviewers were on the same flight out that I was (just a few hours after the whole thing ended).

I would say my interviews were 40% technical 60% behavioral. I suppose it's hard to have an apples-to-apples comparison of candidates when there are so many groups of interviewers each with their own perception/judgments. I guess at this point it's all up to destiny...

This could mean one of several things for those of us who haven't gotten a call:

1) We'll be getting the rejection call tomorrow 2) They'll be sending us a rejection email 3) We've gotten waitlisted 4) They didn't make the offers today

What do you guys think??

Best Response
FebBubble:
Hey jivvers,

how do you know if you've been on hold? did they call you and tell you?

just wondering....

thanks!

got a call a few days after the interviews (think it was a tuesday, maybe wednesday) saying that i'm still in the running but they were going to need more time to make new offers because they were still waiting to receive decisions on those they had already given out.

i think they have already dinged people they will likely not give offers to. i've heard of people who have been rejected from the superday on the 13th &14th, but haven't heard of anyone getting an offer or being put on hold yet. my guess is that they will probably be comparing the top candidates from this past weekend to those already on hold from previous superdays before making final decisions. no idea how many people are on hold or what the odds of an offer are. so if you haven't been rejected yet, i think you can still hold out hope.

how about you FebBubble, what's your situation? and good luck if you're still waiting!

Just got a call from my recruiter. She said that I did really well but that I'm on hold until they confirm their previous superdays' offers. Should be hearing back again within the week...

Also just got a call saying that I did well but will be put on hold. Said they had a very high acceptance rate from previous superdays and were waiting to see who accepts offers.

Anyone have thoughts/insights on what my chances are at this point?

I don't think they even extended offers to anybody from the 13th-14th superday. I believe she said that they only selected "potential" offers.

So we need to hope for:

1) A decrease in the acceptance rate 2) An increase in analyst needs 3) A miracle where everybody is happy :)

To those who got calls, did you just get them today?

Burn2494, do you know what potential offer means? Does it just mean its tentative or that it depends on the acceptance rate from previous weeks?

That helps a lot, thanks burn2494!

As for the numbers, I am wondering if they have been steadily cutting numbers. When I was talking to the "host" in my holding room, she has said they were looking for 80. The HR person said 65, but who knows what has happened since we've interviewed.

FebBubble:
bump...still no call today....anyone else in the same situation? any thoughts on this?

i wouldn't worry too much about it since for your superday it sounds like rejection calls went out before waitlist or offer calls (if there were any). most likely you've been put on hold and just haven't got the call yet. there's no use getting stressed about it now since it's beyond your control. but i'm crossing my fingers that we both get some good news soon! let me know if you hear anything...

alright, thanks!

I have emailed the recruiter and asked for update....

I will let you know if i hear anything...

I guess they probably called people who are on the top of the waitlist to update them on the waitlist status...reasonable conclusion is that im probably not on top of the list...lol

well, either way, i hope you hear some good news soon too.

I too got the "you did really well and we were impressed with you but will need to wait to see what the acceptance rate is" call.

I also noticed that I received the call at nearly the exact same time as Burn2494 and healyma. I wonder what the implication of that is and how many people they made this call to. Any ideas or insights?

Another thing I thought of just now is the possibility that there is a waitlist to the waitlist i.e. those who didn't receive any sort of call were not flat out rejected but they might be second to those who did receive a call. Perhaps that signifies that there is a good chance that some of us will indeed be getting offers and that it isn't as bleak as it seems...

I am also waitlisted for IBCM, but spoke to an alumni insider at WFS who told me the waitlist is basically arranged in a triage type format. A majority are outright rejected within the first few days following the interview. For those put on hold, there is some sort of ranking system based on your background and interviews that places you in one of three categories; those first to be contacted upon a rejected offer, those who likely will only receive offers if the rejection rate is higher than expected/a long-term waitlist, and pretty much catastrophe insurance candidates in case there is ridiculously high non-acceptance of given offers. So obviously those in the first category have the best shot of getting an offer (told >50%), and those in the second and third have slim to no chance.

Supposedly it is difficult to find out exactly where you stand from the recruiters, and I was told this was the most competitve pool of applicants they've ever had. Insider speculated that you may be able to infer where on the list you are based on how soon they let you know you were wait-listed; the sooner, the higher up on the list. Also was told having been to an earlier Superday may increase your chances. Hope this is helpful and good luck.

Thanks for all that info EmoryBankerette that was amazingly informative. The 50+% figure made me feel a lot better about my situation. Couple questions:

Can anyone actually attest to getting an offer from the 11/13-14 Superday?

Did anyone get called and put on hold earlier than today (Thursday)?

Is it safe to assume that everyone who got a call and put on hold today is in the the first group? Or did they call the first two groups?

Let me know what you guys think.

I actually think that if you're on hold from the last superday you have a better chance of an offer vs those who got put on hold earlier. They want to be fair and also a lot of the Nov 13-14 ppl are on hold because they made too many offers and got a higher-than-expected acceptance rate from the first 3 rounds. I think those in "Category 1" from last week's superday have the best chance, from there it's a toss-up.

Just want to put up a disclaimer that I have no idea whether the above information is 100% accurate. I heard this from a single source and can't personally attest to its reliability, although it does seem to make sense.

I have not heard of any new offers being made to those from last weekend's Superday, but heard that very few from the prior Superday did receive offers and those who otherwise would have received offers were notified of being on hold within 4 days of their interviews. All others since have either been rejected or put on the wait list to await further notice. And nervous_nelly, I tend to agree with your assesment of our chances.

this is making me feel depressed....i have not received a call on Thursday (no call yet). I guess does that mean that I have no chance or close to zero chance at all?

yes, got the same call today (at 12ish)

same thing, did well, but waiting to hear back from the other people to turn down offers...

emailed an alum, said that don't have high hopes because this year, they had a very high acceptance rate...

Yup. I tried to ask about the ranking system and did not get a clear answer (obviously). However, she mentioned something about final decisions depending on "needs and location". Now I'm wondering if I should have chosen one of the "limited needs" cities.

yeah, i know there are people who still haven't heard back yet...that probably does not look so good ...

anyways, please keep updating with any additional information...

thanks!

received an email from recruitment this morning (in addition to initial call ~3 biz days after interviews) apologizing for keeping me on hold but saying i should receive a decision by early next week once other offers are refused or expire. been on hold over 2 weeks so hoping that wins me some sympathy points hah.

would be curious to know how other people have been contacted and what you've been hearing?

I also got the same email yesterday. I've counted 6 of us including myself who are on hold until next week. I wonder if they still have people on hold from previous superdays or if they've already locked down a good number of analysts and are just waiting to fill the last few spots with our group?

I received the same email from Leah on Tuesday morning saying that I was on hold until some offers expired December 1st. Given that they also cut a bunch more people that same day, I would like to think that my chances have increased :)

Just out of curiosity... Which interview team was everyone on? I was Team C myself.

While it may be an assumption on my part, that was my assessment when I knew of two people who got rejection calls the same time i got the "still on hold" email. This makes me really wonder how big the pool was (from all four superdays).

Well obviously not everyone who gets put on hold gets an offer. Based on this thread alone you can see that a number of people who were put on hold this year were later declined. We already know the acceptance rate is high, but there's no use giving up hope until you actually hear a final "no".

I think it is, it's top 10 for U.S. M&A, Debt, and Equity, with very strong Debt. ranked higher than some bb's like ubs and whatnot for this year according to the league tables. i know some kids who took it over lower BB's due to its growth potential.

Anyways, if I didn't hear back by now (my interview was a month ago) is it pretty much assumed I didn't get it? I'm a lateral by the way.

alifungice: Yes he applied this year and I didn't pay attention to him when he said the date, but I believe it was the 3rd one they had, or maybe the last one. Wells does superdays a bit different than BoA so I don't know chances for the guy who emailed me asking, but good luck guys!

Healyma, congrats! I have a feeling that people who got called today got the offer and those who didn't probably got rejected... Has anyone else heard back? Burn2494 or Nervous_nelly or FebBubble?

I also got an offer! I was super excited and relieved when I got the call this afternoon. Good luck to you alifungice. Hope you, febbubble and the other kids here will get some positive news tomorrow as well and we can all meet up in NC :]

yeah, i have an offer for a firm doing financial fraud. interviewing with another firm as well (final round) - that's strategic consulting.

btw, im graduating in dec - - - in a few weeks, haha (1 semester early)

mfbarbmff,

i dont know, i am not that optimistic about decision next week, they are waiting for people who got offers recently to reject (which is very very unlikely). anyways, just a thought.

good luck though! i hope good news will come next week for both of us.

In natus est doloribus iusto provident quibusdam. Delectus quia rem sit animi rerum. Veritatis eum deserunt ut id soluta. Quo vero qui eos blanditiis ut est et. Fuga odit corporis illum culpa nam voluptatem magnam.

Qui hic quis quisquam rerum earum. Expedita est maxime necessitatibus animi aut. Rem iusto ipsa eum enim nobis occaecati fugiat. Quos est dicta eum deserunt tenetur sit quia voluptatem. Consequatur sunt nam corrupti dolores. Ut iusto eum et unde. Nam repellat aliquam voluptatibus aut.

Eos et neque aspernatur harum eveniet. Velit numquam quam adipisci ut nobis et non. Quia alias vel veniam perferendis. Natus aspernatur ea autem aliquid aliquam deleniti. Sint incidunt est fuga omnis debitis sit. Quibusdam dicta ea alias vitae qui laudantium aut.

Modi adipisci ea blanditiis nesciunt qui. Consectetur aspernatur voluptate ut voluptatem neque quae. Sit tenetur numquam cumque impedit. Et voluptatum distinctio et tenetur a non.

Et fugit minus animi a qui. Assumenda magni odio totam atque.

Natus esse dolores nulla ratione et eos officiis corporis. Vel reprehenderit dicta id nihil dolores. Non ipsum aut sint vel. Corrupti consequatur cupiditate omnis assumenda facilis. Sit ut labore enim distinctio quis. Enim cumque reprehenderit voluptatem provident iure.

Aut dolor beatae voluptas id in harum et ut. Cupiditate nihil atque saepe delectus. Aut quis facere aliquid unde voluptates vero iure. Quis sapiente mollitia aut qui minus sit.

Necessitatibus unde aut provident dolor explicabo. Laborum reprehenderit sed atque placeat modi. At ut blanditiis vitae qui atque aut aperiam.

Amet et officia omnis recusandae. Et odit et accusantium. Ea quis repellendus labore et dolore quia natus esse. Exercitationem quia rerum et perspiciatis dicta cum.

Consequatur et qui voluptates veritatis porro voluptas. Saepe repudiandae laborum saepe quia qui. Non eos aut dolor itaque officia vero id qui. Qui qui dicta et.

Dolorem recusandae velit hic possimus officia et doloribus. Incidunt voluptates eos ad omnis ipsa architecto optio.

Excepturi a voluptatem a sed. Voluptas voluptas inventore laudantium ipsa ut vitae hic suscipit. Minus fugit aliquid est nihil.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”