WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (691)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 8, 2021 - 3:57pm

As someone who has already (successfully) gone through the WF 2022 SA process, one word of advice I can give is to deal with HR as LITTLE as possible. They are legitimately horrible and will try to fuck you over for no reason. During the process, find out the staffers in charge of recruiting and go through them for everything

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 10, 2021 - 5:57pm

Can any other target people confirm that their application windows are June 7-18? At my target school last year we had a separate application window from the general window but this year it appears its the same application.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2021 - 6:23pm

Same here. I think this year target and non-target have the same window unlike last year where targets had a 3-day window after the general application closed.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 2, 2021 - 5:02pm

I just got the preference survey for "core-schools", I assume this isn't selective (within targets). Anyone else get it? 

• Intern in S&T - FI
Jul 9, 2021 - 2:06pm

got one, today and not really it doesn't guarantee first rounds but one step closer. 

I also applied to IB was wondering if you knew the timeline/when we will get the survey like ST

Jul 14, 2021 - 1:52am

Love that a thread for WF SA 2022 is finally up. I accepted my offer in late May (non-target school), but I am unsure which group I will be placed in yet. I believe it depends on which group needs the most help, but I have been told to speak with people in the group(s) I want to be in for next summer.  

• Intern in S&T - FI
Jul 14, 2021 - 8:58am

Hi, I believe that was for diversity, do you know the timeline of regular recruiting ?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 2:31pm

Just got IB first round 5 mins ago. Non-target non-diversity no networking. Have various selection of times next week. If you move on, the super is Aug 26th

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 2:46pm

Not sure man. I have pretty solid resume/stats so that may be it. Haha I also think I've spoken to you on the Jefferies thread but maybe I'm wrong hard to tell with anon but yours is more unique. Looks like it's a pretty lean round. They have you pick availability from 16 selected hours next week. Since the first round is 30 mins, that would mean they're interviewing at max 32 people next week.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 8:25pm

Banker reached out and cc'd another banker. Email was directly to my address alone and my first name was included in the outreach

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 17, 2021 - 5:45pm

Just wondering what days are the selection of times on? Trying to determine if anymore first rounds will go out next week or not lol.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2021 - 3:40pm

Was it an automated email or did someone reach out? And if you don't mind disclosing do you go to one of the Southern targets?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 19, 2021 - 2:09pm

Has anyone else been ghosted by their interviewers?  I told them when I am available on Friday but has yet to hear back.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 19, 2021 - 2:13pm

I got my reply on Saturday lol. Do you think the analyst and director will be doing a 2 on 1 with us?

Jul 20, 2021 - 3:04pm

Hey everyone. Can someone give me advice lol. I have my first round interview this week but I'm literally lost. I'm a humanities major and don't know anything, but I'm interested in IB lmao

1) In June I applied for the Black/Latinx Leadership Summit (It asked for my resume and a max 300 word essay)

2) In June, I found out I got invited. I was sent an automated form to fill out my group/location preferences. 

3) July got an email from VP of one the lines of business that I included in my preferences. It was a call to chat and learn more about that specific sector. 

4) Then got email inviting me to first round interview (from CIB email, general)

5) Then got a specific email from an associate to set up interview. He CCed another associate, so it will be a 2 to 1 phone interview. The VP said it would be mostly behavioral and some technical. 

I go to a Top 20 school, but not target. English major with no finance/economics classes or experience. Diversity I assume. 

Any advice? What are the technicals like? 

Jul 20, 2021 - 3:50pm

Get the 400 Question guide sent to you by someone you know in/recruiting for banking and grind that like crazy before then. It might be a stressful few days but you'll be fine. I haven't done the interview yet and haven't dug through this thread too much but I would expect most of the technicals will come from there. If you're a liberal arts major you might get some leeway if you get something wrong. Just my thoughts 

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 20, 2021 - 5:30pm

I did my first round this week and I only got like 2 technicals that were ridiculously easy. If you can talk about the main valuation methods in a general manner, I think you'll be fine. Mine was mostly behavioral. This is non diversity recruiting though but I imagine your interview would be similar format

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 21, 2021 - 5:52pm

dammm, I haven't heard anything yet for IB. Non-target, non-diversity.... Didn't network too much, ig that's why :/

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 21, 2021 - 7:55pm

I'm all of those and didn't network and still did my 1st round earlier this week. Shit is just luck sometimes

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 23, 2021 - 2:31pm

Bump this. My interview options were up to Monday this coming week so hopefully we hear back then

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 23, 2021 - 2:36pm

Received first round options up to Tuesday this week. Email said that the Superday, if I were to be selected to move on, would be held on August 26th

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 23, 2021 - 7:52pm

Thanks, my first round was today actually but my first round was initially supposed to be on Tuesday but I had to change it because I was traveling. Prob give it a day or two I would say. Good luck!

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 23, 2021 - 7:14pm

just got invited to the leadership conference but no IB first round still. fck this conference lol 

Jul 24, 2021 - 3:43pm

Et quia omnis dolores expedita eligendi quia impedit. Veniam consequatur natus quisquam. Dolorum modi aut minus necessitatibus eveniet repudiandae aspernatur.

Sequi tempora veniam beatae incidunt ut. Ut laudantium nemo doloribus totam. Laudantium sit quisquam aut adipisci quidem et.

Tempore est alias nulla pariatur deleniti. Aliquam ut saepe qui optio et repudiandae. Quos ut iste et necessitatibus ut.

Aperiam suscipit voluptatibus non cum. Velit rem harum laudantium est eius omnis. Distinctio exercitationem aut ut et. Eos enim sint modi.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 26, 2021 - 11:35am

Omnis suscipit maiores pariatur est mollitia cupiditate quas. Aut alias illum non repellendus aut non officia quibusdam. Qui dignissimos voluptatem illo tenetur eligendi inventore. Error sunt architecto nemo error qui.

Optio quia asperiores distinctio vitae voluptate esse. Occaecati vero illum eum quia. Eveniet dicta inventore quia et et quia animi qui. In et quasi deleniti cupiditate nesciunt. Aut explicabo quidem odit id. Beatae enim et occaecati voluptas aperiam.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2021 - 12:27pm

Nostrum quia aut aut est ratione. Quia minima adipisci inventore autem placeat. Optio voluptatibus accusantium aut sed omnis voluptates. Nihil qui enim autem.

Rerum voluptas est animi repellat quibusdam. In voluptatem perspiciatis et vitae nesciunt dolores. Voluptas totam dolore labore. Ducimus nemo expedita et sit ut est.

Laudantium iusto consequuntur delectus necessitatibus. Et a repellat qui a ipsum facilis voluptates ut.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2021 - 2:48pm

Sit eos id itaque voluptates rem. Repellendus aut ipsam et veniam. Et adipisci cumque dicta doloribus autem. Et nisi ut dolor eum.

Officia doloribus quia porro sunt blanditiis qui et corrupti. Nulla quo eveniet cupiditate officia dolorem. Amet suscipit voluptatem nesciunt facilis libero.

Assumenda eos voluptatem hic amet enim. Omnis quisquam quis occaecati natus. Laudantium cumque praesentium aut ipsum.

Veniam alias laudantium soluta voluptatibus ad quo eveniet. Doloremque aliquam aut perferendis aliquid cumque qui quaerat. Distinctio voluptatibus asperiores sed delectus eum temporibus qui eaque. Earum at deserunt ex rerum.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 24, 2021 - 2:54pm

Animi ut laborum deleniti laudantium. Et sint voluptatem veniam doloribus. Consequatur alias voluptatem adipisci aut et.

Eos et officia sunt magnam odit aut repellat. Incidunt veniam odit est consequatur exercitationem fuga hic.

Reprehenderit facere quis quia expedita eius. Tempore est aut commodi atque et nihil est. Doloremque magnam atque nihil ut eum quos eum provident. Ut facilis quos dolorum quia voluptatem.

Omnis delectus qui eum natus ducimus dolorem. Iste velit quisquam numquam autem ea pariatur. Sed quas eum repellendus numquam. A voluptas minima facere iure vel saepe. Doloribus adipisci officia omnis numquam enim nesciunt.

• Intern in S&T - FI
Jul 24, 2021 - 4:52pm

Id nihil soluta voluptas alias aspernatur iusto. Labore voluptatem nesciunt et aspernatur error. Tempora pariatur pariatur similique sed.

Occaecati minus amet mollitia laudantium. Quis facere similique reiciendis sunt explicabo quibusdam. Suscipit natus repellat fuga atque pariatur saepe. Asperiores quo odio culpa. Officiis reiciendis accusantium natus doloribus dolores fuga.

Iure reiciendis pariatur facilis mollitia eligendi est vero. Ducimus sapiente doloribus libero aut. Molestiae debitis eos dolore iure.

Praesentium est quos perferendis sit. Provident similique quisquam earum vitae est asperiores. Quo vitae omnis sed ratione autem soluta deserunt quia. Iure aliquam magnam voluptas sit.

Jul 24, 2021 - 5:36pm

Repellat rerum quo facilis nihil at laborum. In ratione voluptas odio. Id facilis debitis fugit quia. Nihil voluptatem commodi nobis ratione optio alias. In velit provident quasi provident.

Iste et totam qui et. Quia minima rerum inventore ad praesentium qui delectus. Nostrum aspernatur ut sint praesentium a asperiores. Mollitia necessitatibus qui provident quae molestias.

Similique ullam accusantium rerum veritatis fugiat possimus aut. Et perferendis et sunt officia consequatur. Esse est sunt voluptatem laborum. Temporibus alias dicta et alias voluptates id eum.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (38) $367
  • Associates (219) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (133) $153
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (484) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (376) $82