well then november please. basically i want to know what is a good stock to "pitch" in an interview tomorrow. and help even on the right industries to choose would be great!!

I would not recommend apparel. Consumer confidence is shit right now, who knows how much people are going to be spending this holiday season and the estimates are probably already priced into the stock.

Also, whats your time horizon? Picking something to hold for a month is very different than picking something you plan to hold for a few years. If the latter, I would look for solid companies in discretionary spending industries which potentially have a lot of operating leverage where a small uptick in revenue could really help the bottom line, allowing the company to grow quickly once the economy recovers.

Not specifically a november or seasonal stock, but CTSH (Cognizant Technology) is a great company.

They specialize in setting up call/support centers and the technology needed in places like India for big companies. They did it for UBS and other big banks, as well as companies in other industries.

Might be "un-american," but that's the future unfortunately, companies will keep outsorcing to cut costs, especially now.

Take a look at the company's financials. You won't find a better looking balance sheet around. It's a favorite of all the value players. Earnings are coming out next week, should be good.

For the sake of full disclaimer, I own it, and I own it since June of '09 because I only select a few long term plays based on fundamentals, there rest I do only using techincals. Therefore those few fundamentals I own have to look almost perfect, and you won't find many. Dolby (DLB) was a good one at the time but I ended up going with CTSH.

Sorry, but was the suggestion for EPD supposed to be some kind of sick joke? If so, that's just wrong to try to make someone fail in an interview like that. If not, I suggest you reevaluate your portfolio before you give advice.

Thank you for suggesting CTSH. I'm looking into that one now!

cfeld90:
Sorry, but was the suggestion for EPD supposed to be some kind of sick joke? If so, that's just wrong to try to make someone fail in an interview like that. If not, I suggest you reevaluate your portfolio before you give advice.

Thank you for suggesting CTSH. I'm looking into that one now!

Easiest thing for you to do is look for a good stock screener, set some parameters to target growth companies and value as well in strong industries right now. You cant go wrong when you have strong 10-ks to back them up.

"The higher up the mountain, the more treacherous the path" -Frank Underwood

this is fucking stupid this is why I take "investment analysis" as a crock of shit I mean really OP?!? you are going for a analyst position and don't even fucking pay attention to the stock market??!?! what firm are you interviewing for i want to short the stock if you get hired

Instead of asking me questions, don't you think the interviewer will ask the same thing? lol I mean these are legitimate questions for an investor.

If a stock has rallied the past 9 months or 2 years, what makes you think it's not fully priced or even overpriced? "Well blah blah is up..etc.." Who cares? What do the comps say? Are there other markets it's entering that will drive growth investors don't know? Why do you think you have a competitive edge? It's not all right, but it shows thought.

Feel free to ask me more questions but if you profit anymore off of Netflix, it won't be because you thought about it...

There's a lot of monkey shit being chucked around in here.

"After you work on Wall Street it’s a choice, would you rather work at McDonalds or on the sell-side? I would choose McDonalds over the sell-side.” - David Tepper

There is actually a need for the services provided by CTSH, and it is much tougher and expenisive to duplicate their business model.

Netflix, however, is not really a need, it's entertainment, and guaranteed there are already 100 new small netflixes poppoin up in both Asia and Europe as we speak.

Voluptas omnis sapiente quod voluptatum ab molestias. Similique qui dicta unde error sequi quis id. Possimus reprehenderit ipsam rem esse pariatur modi quis. Unde eos quod quos praesentium consequuntur. Rem neque dicta quaerat perferendis aut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”