What can someone with a 3.75+ GPA do that someone else with a 3.00 GPA cant?

Some jobs require a high GPA to even get an INTERVIEW (3.70+) and even then they might not get the job. But what I dont understand is, what can a person with a 3.75 GPA do that another person with a flat 3.00 GPA cannot?

Does the person with a 3.75 GPA have super natural powers like moving objects with their mind(Telekinesis)?

Seriously, I am sure that the B-grade student can do the same thing as the A- Grade student can.

This is what I did, it worked for me and definitely not the norm or what most people here will ever advocate but you gotta do what you know it best for yourself.I hated school and I never put any effort into it no matter what people kept telling me. No way I was going to sit there and study something I knew would ever help me In life. Finished school with a 2.5 gpa without having to go to crazy. Yet got myself a IB role in ECM at low tier BB (this is what I wanted as I find it more interesting, did not want coverage as I was given a choice…to eaches own). I focused on what I knew I would be good at / have interest in which is networking and having a very good story that ties into how and why I would be a great banker. Now would it have been easier if I wold of had a 3.8gpa? 100% it would of made life easier but I knew from day 1 that wasn't the path for me.What I'm trying to say is no matter the gpa, focus on what you know you can do well, fight hard without giving up and just understand the road you are choosing and be able to live with the troubles of that road but at the end of the day, if you are sitting next to that target school kid with a 3.8gpa on the same desk, who the fuck cares. Ain’t nothing that 3.8gpa kid can do that I can’t..most of the time I run circles around most analyst in my class now. I’m the one they all come to and I am the one who gets all the new analyst in line and tracking. I could be a small little outlier but I doubt it

Don’t worry man. I have a 4.0 gpa at a target but still feel like I’m a piece of shit and haven’t gotten any interviews yet.

Fuck myself.

Thanks for asking man. I'm a nondiversity sophomore (Asian) and have applied to about 20 sophomore programs in total across IB, S&T, AM, PWM, etc. Just trying to secure a brand name for my sophomore summer. It's kinda hard I guess. 

I think with a rough blanket statement, then there isn't an actual good answer. But if it's something like 3.75 at MIT or Caltech versus a 3.0 at a nontarget then you can point to certain things such as discipline and grit when it comes to academics. I used STEM school's on purpose as an example since many other targets have rampant grade inflation

Vero voluptatem aut est ab et dolorem. Dolor ut doloribus vel ut quia. Maxime ut quia molestiae veritatis ut. Eos repellendus sit quibusdam.

Hic assumenda voluptates vel iure dicta quam voluptate sed. A ut debitis rerum et hic. Et eveniet commodi ab dolorum repudiandae error id.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”