Most Helpful

None of us on this website get girls bro, our attraction to prestige and rankings far outweighs any sexual experience.

Come girls should also ask “what you are looking for in BF/Husband” Don’t let the guys do all the judging

Will give an actual serious answer 1. hot 2. smart 3. same values same values includes a lot of things but basically a girl that is not a thot and someone I would be proud to be public with. This last bit seems pretty hard to find nowadays and I know I will be judged for saying this.

Intern in IB - Gen:
1. hot 2. smart 3. same values

the only correct answer - in that exact order as well

"They say money can't buy happiness? Look at the fuckin' smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby!" - Boiler Room

you won't be judged.

to be judged, other people have to actually care what you have to say.

nobody gives a fuck about your useless opinions

therefore, you can't get judged

now shut the fuck up, okay nerd?

bullsandbear:
Good lord what is happening to this site

I'm back on this site after having been a pretty regular member from about 2010-2014, and let me just assure you that it has quite literally always been like this.

“Millionaires don't use astrology, billionaires do”

1. Athletic
  2. Spiritual (monotheistic)
  3. Intelligent

I'm not asking for a lot here, just a few essentials.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Zarathustra9:
Whats up w/ monotheistic. What do you have against Hindus and Buddhists.

To be honest, it really doesn't have to be monotheistic as long as the person knows 'love'. I believe love is the answer and end all and be all.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

I'm actually with Isaiah 53:5 on this. It's culturally way too different and I don't agree with many of the values in those religions.

I want someone who was raised with Christian/Jewish values and willing to discuss about the messianic issue (if we differ). Period. Not branching out.

Array

I welcome a theological debate from an SO if needed.

Great question, +1 SB. For me personally, I’m a pretty simple guy. I look for the basics in a potential long-term girlfriend:

1) great personality: charismatic, lively, ambitious, fun, sex freak. 2) intelligent: preferably received education from Harvard, though Yale wouldn’t necessarily be a deal breaker. 3) career: ideally would be a brain surgeon, a lawyer at Cravath swaine moore, an MD at GS, and a CTO at Google all at the same time. Again, if she’s not one of these, it’s not necessarily a deal breaker, but it could be what separates a gf from a hook up. 4) must take care of the kids so i can do my job (stream fortnite on twitch) and fulfill my role as the breadwinner of the family. 5) must be a Michelin star chef - this one is not up for debate. 6) must come from a billionaire family. 7) not too concerned about looks. I’m not like these other dickheads. I see her for what she is on the inside. Although she shouldn’t be below a 8.

Yeah, pretty simple if I’m being honest. Appreciate the question.

1. Easy going, personable, and comfortable to be around.
  2. Not be complete morons when it comes to basic life skills. I once dated a girl that casually told me that she was over $200000 in credit card debt, because she'd let her cokehead ex use her CC, with no oversight whatsoever. She had no plans for how to handle the debt, and her mail was overflowing with letters from collection agencies.
  3. Matching levels of libido.
  4. Has ambitions and some plans for life. I've dated too many girls that were just coasting through life, with no goals - I don't care if I'm the breadwinner, but I need them to do something, I just don't want to be another provider.
  5. Independent, and not clingy. I need a lot of alone time, and often need a small break from people. I can't have a GF that gets all pissy because I need some hours of social time once a month etc.

make sure she’s a model. hear me out boys. instead of 7 years, model this one out for 40 years. Make sure that top line is steady and increasing over time. you don’t want her expenses to outweigh what she brings in, otherwise you’ll have a negative time.

After that, add back all those non cash events. She nice? kind? what does she do for you? After a long days work, you want to make she she’s the last spread-sheet you see.

Will she provide you dividends in a few years that you can watch grow up?

If she nets positive, invest.

number 1 criteria - she loves me and wants to be with me. That has actually helped a lot. As I've become gradually more annoying, being with a girl who was really into me at the beginning and thought my quirks were positive features has helped weather storms of time and annoyance.

I met my wife at work, and she kept thinking my erratic behavior was adorable. 13 years later (10 married) I still make her laugh all the time and she really, really loves me. That's got to count for something in this world.

of course it's not the only criteria. I had a number of must-haves, and a number of nice to have's. Just pointing out that the number one thing is to be with someone who wants to be with you. That REALLY wants to be with you. Someone once gave me an anecdote about a wife who saw her husband roll up his dirty socks and put them on the coffee table absentmindedly. Before they were married she thought "oh, that's adorable. He's like a little child. I can take care of him." And later in life when he did the same thing the wife thought "What an inconsiderate bastard to leave rolled up dirty socks on the damn coffee table." So much of marriage is a matter of perspective and tolerance, so when my GF was nice to me, and seemed to really like my antics, it made it easier to see that she might be able to put up with me for the long-term.

I am married and I chose her based on the ability to make pancakes!

“Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives, living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon their shoulders is really a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don’t think. Become.”

Not interested in silver bananas. More interested in pancakes though.

“Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives, living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon their shoulders is really a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don’t think. Become.”

These posts makes me crave these amazing banana pancakes that I had in Sumbawa, Indonesia - looking at the waves break having these pancakes and thick Indonesian coffee in the morning before a surf session.

Blanditiis inventore fugit fugit et voluptate. Et aperiam minus at ut nulla nesciunt distinctio. Ea consequatur quia ab ratione est.

Enim neque possimus id hic. Rerum consequuntur quia ea nostrum consequatur. Hic dolor assumenda est dolorum dolore ratione.

Et inventore est porro atque. Deserunt repudiandae ut corporis reiciendis ex ad cumque. Rerum aut vitae quis voluptatum dolorem dolorem. Est est eos ut et quo neque. Cupiditate quae minus est hic numquam ducimus. Facere porro consectetur ut maiores similique sit. Molestiae ducimus aut enim explicabo.

Dolor quidem quo dignissimos eaque. Temporibus aliquam sunt atque atque tempora. Et dolore provident autem. Veniam ducimus maiores occaecati fuga dolores veritatis beatae deserunt. Qui et quaerat aut ex. Reiciendis sequi iure et saepe.

Explicabo quia placeat placeat et et minima aut. Numquam veritatis facilis saepe eum in culpa cum. Et exercitationem repellendus voluptates nihil. Ut aperiam sint illum deserunt quidem.

Ipsam accusamus soluta quae. Rerum autem officiis animi quo. Aut voluptatibus quis iure sit. Et rem enim rerum quaerat quam. Omnis voluptatem ut voluptatem neque vero.

Et atque est vero nam harum illo ut deleniti. Nulla et optio cum. Dicta distinctio a eligendi repellat corporis enim explicabo.

Molestiae rem itaque deserunt laboriosam et sed aut. Fuga non fugiat id eum molestias vitae incidunt. Excepturi dolor aut enim similique error nisi corporis.

Consequatur ut molestiae autem enim qui quis. Et aspernatur id aut quis maxime fugit dolores. Ducimus id vel est veritatis distinctio qui.

Voluptatem pariatur officia at fugit ut velit placeat. Sint iste exercitationem neque ullam quos doloremque. Pariatur dignissimos corrupti sequi hic ad aut.

Veritatis quia consequuntur nobis perferendis fuga magnam fugit. Ex autem culpa explicabo et ex consectetur. Dignissimos velit tempora quae occaecati harum. Quia tempore voluptatum nostrum accusantium commodi enim aut ut. Nulla et quia sit deleniti. Quod et maiores eaque reprehenderit eos. Molestias magni magnam temporibus illum atque sed nihil odit.

Eum vel in labore veritatis optio odio. Vero ut dignissimos odio iste est aut expedita. Facere nihil nisi saepe architecto ducimus impedit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”