Lead PM. Largest fund. > $40B at > 1% Do I need to expand?

The only difference between Asset Management and Investment Research is assets. I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.

Whatever1984:
Lead PM. Largest fund. > $40B at > 1% Do I need to expand?

Do think you will make the Three Commas club too?

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

no

The only difference between Asset Management and Investment Research is assets. I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.

Shrek2OnDVD:
By richest, I mean self-made richest.

You really did not have to add this phrase.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

The issue here is people post and don't know how to frame a debate or an analysis. You want comments about what the meaning of someone being self made is … or a look at some successful people in people's circles. I think you want the latter and just threw that in for no apparent reason in a breath of naiveté.

Also, no man is truly self made. The only self made being is the creator of the universe.

Don't be such a pedant, everybody knows even Jesus popped out of someone else. Probs just means not being like one of Sam Walton's heirs and doing nothing to expand their billions.

Created company sold it.... bought another company fixed it sold it.... invested in BTC sold it..... Wealthy people with 3 commas buy and sell assets. Not many 3 comma club guys are in finance sure there is a few but there are may more doing entrepreneurship

I would prefer not to say his name as a billionaire but he was an early investor in Facebook and Crypto-Currency. I emailed him about a ETF regarding Crypto. He actually sent me email and gave his personal email to me after. He is a really nice guy, we speak on the regular and we have seen each other multiple times as friends.

"It's okay, I'll see you on the other side"

Funniest
Funx2192:
I would prefer not to say his name as a billionaire but he was an early investor in Facebook and Crypto-Currency. I emailed him about a ETF regarding Crypto. He actually sent me email and gave his personal email to me after. He is a really nice guy, we speak on the regular and we have seen each other multiple times as friends.
So you're bffs with Peter Thiel huh?
Array

I have the personal phone number of a Fox Business commentator. Got it off of Twitter after I asked for advice. They said sure and told me to DM my number.

Most Helpful

Old CEO is a billionaire real estate tycoon.

Another billionaire started out in energy and killed it, now he runs his own PE firm and rakes in the cash with all of his portfolio companies.

Another past CEO who is a billionaire started with a local trash company then moved into hotel development. Now he develops all property types and has a PE arm with the same management team who has the sauce - they turn no-name companies into billion dollar companies regularly, it is pretty impressive.

Coming from a pretty rural place, there's not a whole lot of wealthy people around - and thus people I would know on a personal level. But I know two guys that are in the mid 8 figure range

A: co-founder of a online betting company from the 15 years back, which was acquired by one of the largest betting companies in the world. AFAIK, he's not doing much these days. Travels the world to play poker, and has some low-key projects tied up to his hobbies. Used to be a developer, but put that away as soon as his share of the purchase came in.

B: Older man, probably the most extreme case of workaholic I know. Works 6 days a week, 12 hours a day - he pretty much lives in his shop. Apparently made most of his money during the 80s, buying up cheap real-estate which has skyrocketed in price ever since.

That seems also seems to be the trend among people in the 7 to 8 figure crowd where I'm from. They either own companies, real-estate, or both.

Yankee Doodle:
Before banking, I worked in PWM. One of the clients I met with was worth ~$100 bn.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/A7loP8Iop2YiQ/giphy-downsized.gif" alt="duck tales" />

Array

Thinking about it - probably MacKenzie Bezos. We had spin classes together back in the day. She's nice.

She is truly a self made example. Without her skills in keeping the optimal environment for success in her house, much wealth would have not grown in the world today.

Buddy's grandpa started one of the first dish networks. $1b+ family but you'd never know it. Humble people.

Another family friend was an early investor in Apple. Not sure how much that made them but I know it was a massive sum.

I know, but haven't spoken to for a while, the founder of priceline. Still have his number. Nice guy.

"Out the garage is how you end up in charge It's how you end up in penthouses, end up in cars, it's how you Start off a curb servin', end up a boss"

My uncle, real estate billionaire in Southern California. Worth around $1b or so; the man always dresses in t shirt and short; goes work out everyday despite being 89 years old. Cheapest man I know, still wears a $10 watch and eats at a Chinese buffet everyday. Started working as an optometrist after the Vietnam war and built up his RE portfolio from there.

Cash and cash equivalents: $138,311 Financial instruments and other inventory positions owned: $448,166

Quo quia ullam non corporis. Voluptatum amet dignissimos nesciunt. Et debitis eum culpa totam quia repellat rerum. Dolorem doloremque autem tempore voluptatum id ratione repellendus. Quo sit suscipit omnis in dolor incidunt ab.

Array

Ullam architecto ipsam deserunt adipisci consequatur. Harum ex sed soluta nostrum quibusdam. Cum maxime a sapiente earum. Et quod consequuntur et cumque ex. Est libero molestiae delectus repellendus nemo.

Rerum ea perferendis id molestias nostrum necessitatibus rem. Asperiores aut at distinctio provident voluptate maiores doloribus.

Rerum eveniet quas magnam quas autem. Et quis fuga dolores optio. Eos unde qui repellat non velit molestias repudiandae. Quia unde debitis eum ab porro pariatur est ab.

Ullam consequuntur consectetur eius dicta enim dicta rerum. Consectetur fuga quam quo ipsam voluptates tenetur ut. Et aut eum nostrum eum. Eaque hic ex numquam ut rerum magni consequatur. Necessitatibus eos et distinctio autem voluptatem.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”