Popular Content See all
- Did anyone else hear about a summer analyst dying recently at a Chicago MM? Apparently he had worked some crazy amount of all nighters. Unclear as to what the exact cause of death was.
I’m not bringing this up for e-cred but to say that this shit is absurd and needs to change, I’m sure...+125 by EbbsAndFlows in IB
- Another [heartbreaking story](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/summer-analyst-dies-at-lincoln-international) about an intern that passed away after working long hours just hit WSO and I'm thinking why does this keep happening and what can we do to prevent it (or at least make it more...+65 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I've been working for a year at a large investment bank as an analyst in M&A. I was fired today after an argument with my associate that happened a couple of days ago. I'm still in absolute shock right now. I'm no longer interested in work in investment banking or finance...+34 by DopeBoy14 in JOB
- This will be my very first post to this forum, which is admittedly dedicated more to banking and private equity rather than investment research. Given the dearth of content on buy-side equity research (understandable given the small size/low turnover of the industry), I have decided to share my...+28 by Subutai Baghatur in AM
- ###Amazon: King of Commerce
*Competition is a Sin - John D. Rockefeller*
Lots of interest in Amazon and the “Race to a Trillion,” (edit: looks like the race is over $APPL) so I thought I’d take a deeper dive...
*Disclaimer: I attempted to - **vastly** - expand my circle of...+25 by CuriousCharacter in MKT
- What hours should someone expect as a summer analyst at a BB or EB. I obviously know that a FT analyst can expect 80+ per week, but is that the same for a SA?
Mod Note (Andy): Don't miss the most upvoted comments below: Top comment 1, Top comment 2. +25 by ibpotential in IB
- Anyone will to share their experience of a Goldman Sachs Superday specifically for IBD.
How many interviews is it usually?
Is it more behavioral or technical?
Thanks in advance+23 by mean5998 in IB
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug07Podcast: Being flexible and choosing the harder path -- Andrew Mccollum -- 8/7/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- Aug08Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/8-8/108:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug09WSO Denver Meet Up: Thur August 9th, 630-830pm, Tap Fourteen Bar 6:30 EDT denver, CO
- Aug13Webinar: Hedge Fund Case: Event Driven Credit Investing -- 9pm ET, 8/13/187:00 to 8:00 EDT Online