probably only like 5%.... but a lot of kids took jobs they never thought they'd had to. Small time sales gig making 35k when they had good internships and another who is doing recruiting who had 3.6 at a target. I guess most of the ones I know that are underemployed are chicks. Hot girls who are working at hooters or as dancers or the like.

bears1208:
I guess most of the ones I know that are underemployed are chicks. Hot girls who are working at hooters or as dancers or the like.
No, no ... I'd say they're at about the right level of employment...

kids with science, CS and math degrees- 90% employed

kids with math and econ (a double major) degrees- 100% employed

Everythig else ~20% employed...most w/ americorps/peace corps.

Never major in something non-technical in a technical world, dogg.

Went to a non-target liberal arts school. Like 3000 kids total. Graduated in 2010.

I'd say I'm the only person in the business school graduating class who got the kind of job they were looking for. Everyone else is underemployed or unemployed to this day (over a year later).

Ironic, because I probably had the lowest GPA in the business school class as well. (2.3 cumulative gpa)

god bless networking

Array

i went to upenn and i dont want to make this seem like another "liberal arts vs engineering" flame post, but the reality for my classmate circle is:

just looking at Facebook, about 60% of my liberal arts friends are unemployed and are currently living at home.

a FEW of my wharton friends went on to financial firms and the rest either went onto graduate programs in finance, econ, etc... and the rest after that are unemployed.

100% of my engineering friends are employed, and assuming they're telling the truth on FB, many at Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, Twitter, Youtube, Yelp, etc...

[quote=lookatmycock]

a FEW of my wharton friends went on to financial firms and the rest either went onto graduate programs in finance, econ, etc... and the rest after that are unemployed.

There is no way only a 'few' of your wharton friends (unless you only have a few wharton friends total) went on to financial firms...

inspireddude][quote=lookatmycock:

There is no way only a 'few' of your wharton friends (unless you only have a few wharton friends total) went on to financial firms...

That does seem odd. Their placement report suggests only a very small percentage go to grad school. http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/careerservices/undergrad/reports/WHA_2010cp.p…

Best Response
lookatmycock:
i went to upenn and i dont want to make this seem like another "liberal arts vs engineering" flame post, but the reality for my classmate circle is:

just looking at Facebook, about 60% of my liberal arts friends are unemployed and are currently living at home.

100% of my engineering friends are employed, and assuming they're telling the truth on FB, many at Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Google, Facebook, Microsoft, IBM, Twitter, Youtube, Yelp, etc...

Stop trolling. I have several friends who go there and was even accepted to the school, so I know it well enough to know that what you've said is just utter and absolute nonsense.

I find it hard to believe that there are very many wharton kids jobless, if any. I go to a lesser business school and roughly everyone found jobs, just most didn't get what they had hoped for. Especially considering unemployment+underemployment for our age group is roughly 20-25%. While that's a terrible number it shouldn't be anywhere near that high a place like Wharton.

Quia enim sequi aut magni occaecati accusamus. Explicabo non ea neque aut qui odit. Perferendis voluptate itaque quo aperiam velit est. Consectetur dolore explicabo explicabo aut illo unde officia. Eaque dolore qui voluptatem distinctio in. Ut non magnam neque architecto voluptatem nihil in. Illo eos voluptas voluptatem non.

Consequatur atque provident ipsum quidem. Hic sint molestiae est qui quisquam enim. Quasi corporis consequatur alias magnam excepturi consequuntur omnis. Rerum harum est quos non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”