I have worked in MM IB M&A for about four years, but a close family friend has been pushing me to leave and join the real estate company he started. The firm is an asset management company with development/operating capabilities - I think they have around $4 billion AUM. There isn't much about them online aside from a recent $1 billion project they are developing.
I am not looking for advice, but my question - which probably seems incredibly elementary for most of you - is what field of real estate would the position fall under based on the below description (e.g. AM, underwriting, REPE, etc)?
- Develop financial models and valuation analyses
- Participate in due diligence - including analysis of, construction budgets/schedules, and entitlements and environmental issues
- Contribute to preparation of offering documents for investors and for syndicated loans and to preparation of underwriting memos
- Participate in the review of loan funding requests and other package elements, in coordination with construction consultants, loan servicers and other service providers
- Monitor the performance of existing assets and compliance of borrowers
- Contribute to documentation for investor consent solicitations and other proposals
- Develop and maintain financial projections for each asset; Prepare quarterly reports to investors
Thanks for your help!