3/28/12

Mega Millions jackpot just hit $500 million. What would you do with the money if you won?

Comments (26)

3/28/12

the question ain't what but who I'd do...and I'd bang every big gurl in Long Island. Imma just drive down long island expressway in my yellow lambo searchin for Miss New Booty. and when i find her i swear dis jigga gonna marry her on da spot. i found u, miss new booty

Financial Modeling
3/28/12

I'll tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time, man.

3/28/12
stvr2013:

I'll tell you what I'd do, man. Two chicks at the same time, man.

haha solid quote.. id give you bananas if i had any credits

3/28/12

quit wso and finance altogether

3/28/12

Well, i'm already a winner of a cool 9 dollars from last nights drawing. So i'm assuming luck is in my favor this time around and plan on quitting my job and moving to space.

3/28/12

Buy a house close to the water on the northeastern coast, a 60' yacht and a fishing boat. Fuck trading, I'd start my new life as a fisherman tomorrow.

CNBC sucks

"This financial crisis is worse than a divorce. I've lost all my money, but the wife is still here." - Client after getting blown up

1/25/15

Working9-5:

Buy a house close to the water on the northeastern coast, a 60' yacht and a fishing boat. Fuck trading, I'd start my new life as a fisherman tomorrow.

amen bother ...

"I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. "
-GG

Financial Modeling
3/28/12

Buy a shuttle from SpaceX
Fund a Wu-Tang tour
Build a, to scale, paintball arena replicating the Goldeneye (N64) multi-player maps

3/29/12
ThaVanBurenBoyz:

Build a, to scale, paintball arena replicating the Goldeneye (N64) multi-player maps

This is the best idea I've heard in a long time. In addition to Goldeneye, there are a bunch of maps from R6: Rogue Spear I think would make good paintball additions.

My name is Nicky, but you can call me Dre.

3/28/12

10% Cash, 10% philanthropy, 40% diversified group of HFs, 20% diversified group of PE funds, 20% Munis/Treasuries.

3/28/12
CatsLHP:

10% Cash, 10% philanthropy, 40% diversified group of HFs, 20% diversified group of PE funds, 20% Munis/Treasuries.

10% cash seems a little high... would never let you handle my winnings.

3/28/12
ArtfulDodge:
CatsLHP:

10% cash seems a little high... would never let you handle my winnings.

Don't know about you, but ~$25mm to live my life, while also clipping coupons on those munis and treasuries seems like a good plan to me.

3/28/12

Is there a way to stay anonymous after winning the lotto?

3/28/12
design:

Is there a way to stay anonymous after winning the lotto?

Depends on the state you buy the ticket in

3/28/12

Tax shelter in Cayman Islands, keep the 390mm myself

3/28/12

That's the real question here...how do you stay anonymous? I think going public will basically ruin a winner's life, and I would rather not win than go public.

What if you take your winning ticket to a Asset Manager and they claim it for you as XYZ Trust. Maybe the guys who work in AM can chime in here.

3/28/12
JamesHetfield:

That's the real question here...how do you stay anonymous? I think going public will basically ruin a winner's life, and I would rather not win than go public.

What if you take your winning ticket to a Asset Manager and they claim it for you as XYZ Trust. Maybe the guys who work in AM can chime in here.

I'm fairly certain this is legal for Powerball. Not sure about Mega Millions.

3/28/12
design:
JamesHetfield:

I'm fairly certain this is legal for Powerball. Not sure about Mega Millions.

I mean, I already said this, but it depends on the state you are in. Certain states require public disclosure of lottery winners. Others will allow you to claim anonymously through a trust. It will depend on the state you bought the ticket in and their state laws.

That said, I think you could claim publicly and not ruin your life. It really depends on 1) how high profile you continue to live life. 2) what type of people you've surrounded yourself with and 3) if you are smart and take proper precautions. You'll probably have to hire a security team to help you out. You may even need a guy or two in your entourage. But you can make it work. Just don't be an idiot about it.

3/28/12

Cars, alcohol, & women. The rest I'd just waste.

3/29/12

Let's see.... buy a very large plot of land and build a green and somewhat self-sustaining home in the mountains. Buy a snowmobile, a set of snow shoes, golf clubs, hiking gear, fly fishing gear and skis and a snowboard. Live a very comfortable life in the mountains and enjoy living the quiet life. With the rest, I'd give part of my family, make a donation to my fraternity and give a portion to charity. I'd just want to enjoy the quiet life.

3/29/12

If you have that much money I don't think you need to over think it. Gradually cost-average into an index fund and be a billionaire in 8 years.

My name is Nicky, but you can call me Dre.

3/30/12

Over $600 million now

3/30/12

I'd pay supermodels to pluck out my butt hairs one at a time.

3/30/12

well dammit

3/30/12

Unlock These Comments - Free

Join Us or Login
3/31/12
Add a Comment