What's The Difference Between An Aspiration And A Goal?
@MonacoMonkey and Poets&Quants got me thinking and I wanted to hop on this wave.
What do you guys consider the difference between a goal, and an aspiration?
To me, a goal is something that you are working towards. Likewise, an aspiration is more of a wish that you plan to one day work towards, but aren't quite ready to start on yet - for whatever reason (i.e missing the prerequisite of knowledge to move forward with your aspiration.)
What are your thoughts?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- So I've had this hunch for a while and wanted to get others thoughts. Before you think I'm crazy and sleep deprived just look at the evidence I am about to bestow upon you all.
Over the past year I've been growing suspicious that my MD is a vampire... There are several reasons...+139 by babyygotwacc in OFF
- So, everyone is a prestige whore in some way or another. Let's be honest. For every 1 person who can afford to pay cash for an S500 AMG but drives a Prius for the mileage, there are 100 million people who finance a car they can't really afford. The same applies to school - How many...+136 by Goldman Snacks in JOB
- What do you think? What is a sign that you have really succeeded in life? How high have you set the bar for making it? #8 top discussion of 2018 +126 by famejranc in OFF
- 11 Things Employers Tell Interviewees and What They Really Mean
1. "We Have a Very Flat Hierarchy":
We have a few VPs that take home all of the carry and three dozen Analysts grinding out all of our legwork because it's cheaper. All you little shits are replaceable and none of...+116 by PrestigeCaller in JOB
- What has been the biggest lesson you learned this year in your RE career? Has anything surprising occurred or any interesting moments/events/trends you’ve come across at work and witnessed in the estate field? How other players are reacting to the market? 1st year at your current job or...+25 by yayaa in RE
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+23 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- I am a freshman at a semi-target. My mom is friends with an MD at GS and she told him im pursuing a career in IB. He gave me his email and told me to reach out to him.
I realize he can’t instantly get me a job or internship. I just don’t know how to approach this email. I obviously want...+19 by AdderallMonkey in IB
- Hey WSO Community,
Been lurking on this website for little over half a year and just wanted to share my story since I finally have one to tell and hope to inspire other Non-targets like I was inspired when I started up on this site.
Public state school, not well...+16 by NonTargetHardo2019 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jan15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jan28Webinar: CFA - is it right for you? -- 9pm ET, 1/28/189:00 to 10:00 EST Online
- Jan29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online