What's Your Top Stock Pick for 2018?

As the year comes to a close and financial activity winds down for the year, what is everyone's top stock pick for 2018? What are your justifications for your pick?

At the end of 2018 we can look back and see which stocks performed the best.

See WSO monkeys' picks from 2017 here

Tiger16, hey, look at the bright side, at least you didn't get a ton of monkey shit thrown at you...here is my best guess on threads that might be helpful:

• What's your Top Stock Pick for 2017 What is everyone's top stock pick to start off the new year? Explanation preferred if you ... throw up some no name or controversial stock. Once the year is coming to a close we could look back and ... see whose pick is doing the best and whose is absolute shit. As there has been a lot of haters on ...
  • What's Going on with this Crazy Market?! The massive rally of the stock market since March 2009 has been perplexing for many, but the state ... to the skeptics calling for a purported artificially-inflated stock market to crash. When prices ... is, don’t put all your oranges (bonds) or apples (stocks) in one basket (portfolio) because the ...
  • What's On Your Life Bucket List? said, "because it was on my bucket list, so I did it for two years and then stopped." He went ... that I have, I realized I always wanted start drumming and I want to pick up painting again, since ... your guys' bucket list. What do you guys want to do, or learn to do before you die? to Monday, ...
  • What's Your Go-to Website for Financial News? guys use when you want to find potential stocks to invest in, or look at updates for whats happening. ... I'm starting to be more interested in stocks and markets, and i was just wondering what you ...
  • CFA: What's your take? career development is well known, what's your take on CFA? I mean how does MBA Finance and CFA ... geared towards investing and it's at the top gear for many investment professionals, how does the ... I'm a non-finance monkey, swallowing bananas (both sweet and sour) for about 2 months on CFA. ...
  • LBS or China + CFA? What's your opinion? to anything), what's your perspective on that choice? I'm desperately looking for opinions ... appreciate your inputs. Here's my situation: I just graduated with distinction from a top Canadian ... a non-degree program in Beijing, China (probably at Tsinghua University), for 1 year. I would take advantage of ...
  • What's your opinion on these business schools I've been accepted to? (undergrad) give me some advice on what is the right school to pick. Decisions so far: Northeastern (Deferred) ... the school Concerned about:-Difficulty of academics- I have heard Babson is notorious for its ... feedback on Fordham Business Honors and Babson College Thanks for the help babson fordham gabelli new york ...
  • More suggestions...

Who will rescue this thread? rge signposts Alexandre-Perrin

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

From last year valeant.

I don’t see a reason to make a call on an arbitrary start date like the new year. I will hit a pitch when it’s presented.

Recent buys have been off-shore drillers but not a ton. If oil is going to stay up here or ideally find another $5-10 then some money should be flowing into their businesses.

Best Response

I think my pick my have won last year....

I'm long on PTLA and have doubled down on ITM and OTM June Calls. Holding 45 calls right now I think.

There's the saying 'Don't bet on bad management,' Well, I've been betting on it and getting cucked in the mean time. Bill Lis and his team at PTLA have shown an astounding ability to overlook large details like changes in polymorph manufacturing that set back the commercial launch of Bevyxxa by months.

But who cares, the science behind Andexxa is SOLID and they have a promising oncology drug in the works too. Andexxa is the only drug out there that can do what it does (reverse the effects of blood thinners) in just minutes. Over 1,000 people die a month in the United States do to side effects of blood thinners and everyone who takes a blood thinner would love to have a reversal agent with them.

The FDA recently extended the approval date for PTLA by another 90 days (so May) which has created a great opportunity to BTFD.

Best case scenario Andexxa gets approved and Bevyxxa has a good commercial launch, derisking the company and diverting cash flow from R&D to marketing these drugs and then they get acquired.

$100 EoY. +100% returns incoming.

Modi aut sint laborum itaque assumenda molestias. Quo qui vel optio eius impedit consequuntur quia. Occaecati maxime ut consequatur dolor et eaque consequuntur. Nemo hic laboriosam maxime enim. Voluptas perferendis sapiente unde quia aut. Perferendis temporibus ipsam dolores. Eveniet et tempora qui qui hic.

Velit ex alias quasi sunt at provident. Aliquam sed accusamus dolorem. Ipsam asperiores iure voluptatem nostrum. Nemo nulla repellendus veniam molestias iste culpa laborum. Labore tenetur odio expedita voluptates. Consequatur nihil ipsum pariatur quaerat nemo expedita fugiat.

Nihil recusandae numquam voluptatem amet. Fugiat tempore dignissimos consequuntur dolor quo dolores. Nam veniam consequuntur facilis non vel. Quo impedit molestias nam sint eligendi laudantium ab.

Dolores qui quod tempore. Quae fugit nobis quibusdam voluptas est eveniet. Pariatur sit pariatur quia in doloribus odio.

maper

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”