When to tell a recruiter you have other offers.I have an interview with a

I have an interview with a recruiter this afternoon, and from our previous conversations, he has told me that I have the skills that they are looking for in the position. The idea of working for this firm is very appealing, however I have another offer that was extended to me a couple of days ago, and they want to know if I am interested in taking their job.

My question is this, if my meeting with the recruiter goes well, should I tell them that time is of the essence as I have an existing offer from a different firm? And if so, how do I go about letting them know that I have an existing offer? The job I have been offered offers great pay, but it is in a very small community (7,000 ppl in the town, family office in the middle of the woods), the job I am speaking with the recruiter for is local, and pays 1.75x what the other firm offers (used WSO to research pay for this firm). I would love to take this job I am interviewing with, but as I said, time is of the essence.

Comments (3)

May 26, 2017

Wait wait wait ....you're currently mulling over

  1. A job that you have received a FORMAL OFFER to

versus

  1. A job that a recruiter told you about but you haven't even interviewed for yet?
May 26, 2017
BatemanBatemanBateman:

Wait wait wait ....you're currently mulling over

  1. A job that you have received a FORMAL OFFER to

versus

  1. A job that a recruiter told you about but you haven't even interviewed for yet?

The job I am interviewing for...its a weird story. The recruiter is a good friend of my brother's, and this job has been approved, but not posted as they want to give me the first crack at it (you know how it goes, you have someone in mind, you post it later, but just as a formality). The offer will come, but I would like to speed up the process as I have this one company on the hook with an offer.

May 26, 2017
Comment