Where is the love ? 2012 GOP and such

Lets babble politics and opinion,

-Romney is only a favorite at the moment because hes caking and looks good on tv
-Perry is to soon to tell but by the way he speaks, hes your typical actor. The people will call b/s on him very soon
-Paul seems to have his marbles in check but he needs to get little more aggressive
the rest are idiots, ESPECIALLY Bachman my god, and Santorum the biggest tool. At first I toyed listening to The Donald and cant he be persuasive. Sucks he got punked out at the correspondents dinner. They got him good then he got soft and dropped out a couple weeks later, womp

Yes I'm all about Ron Paul so lets talk
Hes way more suitable to be president then these other snowflakes. Peace is the way to go. Whats up with everyone wanting to stay in the middle east and get more radicals mad? Shit, why do we have to "patrol" the world making sure countries don't produce nukes. I mean IF ANYTHING the world should be monitoring us considering we did blow the japs to hell. Only like 200k dead but yeah lets just act like that didnt happen. Lets not notice to why osama was mad in the first place and when he decides to get even we all become patriotic and buy magnets for our car.

So about employment and the military. Why cant we bring the troops home? Offer them extra incentives to further their education (engineering, sciences, math) and create jobs for them. But now your thinking, Hey, we don't even have enough money to pay our own debt you want to create jobs?! How? LOLOL Its easy. Why cant we gather our major engineering companies and cut their taxes to say... idk,10%? 5%?.... 1% ? For exchange they agree to hire and develop new infrastructure through out the United States, develop new tech,get us to mars quicker etc? therefor creating jobs. Problem solved? And this goes for all research sciences, mathematical fields, etc, Please debate on this topic .

But returning on the topic of foreign policy. A country who has to lead to violence to get anything done isn't intellect at all. You would think in the 21 century with all our tech we'd be a little more civilized but nope.
I'm not arab or middle eastern or anything of the sort. Hardly even believe in religion, but to me anyone that's killed over political bullshit gets my condolences. Doesn't matter if its from the 9/11 attack or the lil allah lovers who get blown to smithereens. Were all just people but were fortunate enough to have been born in the USA.

On that note, Ron Paul 2012
MWAHAHAH

It's unbelievable how weak this GOP field is. In my opinion, it's the weakest field since 1940 when Wendell Wilkie won the GOP nomination as an unknown dark horse. No, I'm not exaggerating. It's really that bad. Even worse than 1996 which saw Dole, Gramm, Alexander, fighting over who was going to get their clock cleaned by Bill Clinton. In a year when the economy is in serious trouble, and we have a president who had no previous executive experience trying to teleprompt his way out of this crisis, the GOP's frontrunner is a retarded Texas redneck who thinks God wants him to run for president.

This country is so fucked.

Brady4MVP:
It's unbelievable how weak this GOP field is. In my opinion, it's the weakest field since 1940 when Wendell Wilkie won the GOP nomination as an unknown dark horse. No, I'm not exaggerating. It's really that bad. Even worse than 1996 which saw Dole, Gramm, Alexander, fighting over who was going to get their clock cleaned by Bill Clinton. In a year when the economy is in serious trouble, and we have a president who had no previous executive experience trying to teleprompt his way out of this crisis, the GOP's frontrunner is a retarded Texas redneck who thinks God wants him to run for president.

Totally agree. I don't think Paul can win the GOP nomination (or the general). Maybe we can get someone like Christie or Rubio to run. I think either would beat Obama in a LANDSLIDE.

alexpasch:
Brady4MVP:

Totally agree. I don't think Paul can win the GOP nomination (or the general). Maybe we can get someone like Christie or Rubio to run. I think either would beat Obama in a LANDSLIDE.

Hate to sound so shallow, but Christie needs to lose about 100 pounds before he decides to run for national office. In today's media age, image is very important. I mean I love Christie, but I have genuine concerns for his health. He will probably get a heart attack during the rigors of a presidential campaign. Moreover, on a more substantive note, Christie's numbers are mediocre in New Jersey, so it's not at all clear that he can win his home state. He is doing the right thing by focusin on his current job, trying to win re-election, and then thinking about 2016 if Obama wins re-election.

Rubio's political skills are overrated, IMO. Yes, he's a well-spoken decent looking Cuban from a swing state. But he is nowhere near ready for a presidential campaign and needs more experience. We are now seeing the dangers of a celebrity U.S. Senator who started running for president just 2 years after entering the Senate. Let Rubio learn the ropes, master the legislative process, learn policy in-depth, propose some interesting bills, and then we will see what happens in 2016.

Brady4MVP:
alexpasch:
Brady4MVP:

Hate to sound so shallow, but Christie needs to lose about 100 pounds before he decides to run for national office. In today's media age, image is very important. I mean I love Christie, but I have genuine concerns for his health. He will probably get a heart attack during the rigors of a presidential campaign. Moreover, on a more substantive note, Christie's numbers are mediocre in New Jersey, so it's not at all clear that he can win his home state. He is doing the right thing by focusin on his current job, trying to win re-election, and then thinking about 2016 if Obama wins re-election.

Rubio's political skills are overrated, IMO. Yes, he's a well-spoken decent looking Cuban from a swing state. But he is nowhere near ready for a presidential campaign and needs more experience. We are now seeing the dangers of a celebrity U.S. Senator who started running for president just 2 years after entering the Senate. Let Rubio learn the ropes, master the legislative process, learn policy in-depth, propose some interesting bills, and then we will see what happens in 2016.

I agree. They're both waiting for 2016. This field is so weak. It's sad. If Paul looked like Romney or Perry, this would be such an easy win. We need someone with Paul's brain in a Perry or Romney box.

Best Response

If there is a time where Ron Paul could get elected it is 2012. All the chips are unbelievably falling into place for him.

First, anti-war sentiment hasn't been like this since Vietnam. Second, never has the public been so upset about our monetary policy. Third, Obama is starting to look a lot like Jimmy Carter-- useless. Finally, the rest of the GOP field is absolutely CLUELESS.

And yet it's still going to be incredibly tough for Paul to get the nomination because of the powers that be. The media is already scoffing off the near win in Iowa. Yes, it doesn't really mean all that much, but why is it that a man who has been in the race for 2 days is already getting talked about as being the GOP candidate?

It's ridiculous and I really hope people wake the fuck up and realize what fucked up morals we run on. We elect a president because he looks 'presidential'? Give me a break. We elect a president because of what he says, not how he looks. Even JFK had some solid ideas to backup his looks.

Really, if Paul doesn't get the nomination I may just be voting for Obama again because I really don't think any other candidate is going to change anything. I'd rather have a 2nd term president with experience than a 1st term president who is going to do all the same. People think if someone from the GOP gets elected, we'll suddenly go on a 'cut spending craze' as soon as they get in office. Face it- both parties want entitlements. The only candidate who is strong enough to cut spending is Paul.

I think Mitt is overrated as well. He has a solid business background, but I'm still not convinced he understands what exactly needs to be done with our monetary system? And corporatism/corruption? Please, it will be worse under Romney.

Deserunt vel voluptas beatae voluptatem et. Reiciendis quia minus cum ut delectus. Dolores recusandae ex debitis cum consequatur dolorem. Praesentium sit excepturi dignissimos perferendis distinctio non. Ipsam consectetur ut officiis dolorem eaque.

Deleniti quisquam nostrum ipsum nesciunt aut accusamus. Eos quis magnam ipsum. Sit neque et mollitia et non.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”