WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (21)

Most Helpful
  • Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 1:04pm

From what I've seen recently MOE/LAZ/PWP are all regarded very similarly with MOE and PWP on an upward trajectory and LAZ trending downward (MOE and LAZ are still seen as better than PWP, but the difference is almost negligible). I'd say all 3 are better than mid BB when considering pay, culture, avg exits, and level of exposure. 

Jun 1, 2021 - 1:52pm

would it ever be a good idea to take gugg over bb?

path less traveled

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2021 - 2:13pm

headed to top group in mid-tier BB. I'd probably call GS/MS/JPM and EVR/PJT/CVP as "no brainers" over mid-tier BB assuming it's a M&A/coverage role and not capital markets. Would "maybe" LAZ/MOE because of sweatshop culture and their additional value depends on the mid-tier BB group.

I regret not recruiting at GUGG given their salary bumps and apparent good culture, but they're not quite as strong as a top group at mid-tier BB. Could see it go either way depending on what you value more...realistically I might choose GUGG over a mid-tier BB if I don't know my group, but if I'm already at a top group, then not worth it imo. HL RX is obviously in a separate category as it would only be worth it if you're into RX.      

• Incoming Analyst in IB-M&A
Jun 1, 2021 - 4:09pm

Would "maybe" LAZ/MOE because of sweatshop culture and their additional value depends on the mid-tier BB group.     

What about top coverage group at Baml/Barc/Citi

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2021 - 4:19pm

Barclays is probably the only bank out of those three that has truly top-tier coverage groups. Many groups sending to MF PE (P&U, Industrials, HC), but rest of the coverage is also good. BAML top groups are products (M&A/FSG/LevFin). Citi's are M&A and maybe Industrials? Note, I'm only referring to PE exits, there are plenty more groups that are strong at each of these firms. 

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2021 - 5:43pm

Everyone's taking Qatalyst over mid-tier BB, but nobody is taking any of the other ones over a top group at a mid-tier BB

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2021 - 8:54pm

first of all you're referring to 1 person and secondly, we're talking PE exits

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 10:03pm

MAYBE the only one of the extras you mentioned is Liontree, and that's just if you're super into their focus areas. Absolutely no to Ducera, Dyal, Incentrum over top mid-BB groups if your goal is maximizing PE recruiting 

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2021 - 6:04pm

depends on the group, but most of the groups at the top BBs are already top of their peer group. Can't go wrong with GS Classic and MS/JPM are probably mostly competing between each other for top of street. 

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jun 1, 2021 - 6:13pm

Not much sense in putting HL RX there. If you wanna do RX, you'll take it just after PJT well over the others, otherwise it won't be on your radar

Jun 1, 2021 - 11:02pm

Enim laborum veritatis ut cum eos eos. Voluptatibus molestiae cumque consequuntur laboriosam ut incidunt. Possimus eos modi qui quo quia doloremque laudantium.

Rerum aut harum et iusto maiores rerum. Blanditiis tempore rem incidunt quae. Et qui occaecati ratione vel sed eos ut. Ipsam similique sunt voluptas.

Modi et sit voluptas illo. Alias quidem unde aut pariatur nulla accusantium.

Maiores iste nulla fugiat similique quam error. Sed id adipisci eaque quidem mollitia neque adipisci.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (234) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (513) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (393) $83