Which college should I apply to? (Perfect ACT & SAT, 3.49 GPA)

Hey guys, I am in a pretty unique situation and wondering what are my options. I am currently a Senior and I am taking a year off after high school and got a Internship for a Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Branch in my area (Arkansas). I have a "low" GPA (3.49) for Target schools, but scored a perfect score on the ACT and 2 SAT Subject tests.

Any advice? PM me if you think you could help me out.

FinanceBro, bummer your thread hasn't had a response yet. Sometimes bots are smarter than humans anyways:

• Canadian Grades to GPA? in the US, what would my grades convert to on a GPA scale for any of the top schools like Harvard, ... D D 50- 54.99 D F 0- 49.99 F **Alberta 9 Point to U.S. GPA Conversion** Scale Description U.S. Grade ... I'm currently averaging an 83.3 at Queen's Commerce. If I apply to a bschool for my MBA ...
  • Repairing an average college GPA in NYC for business school application probably) here at a college/school in NYC where I can earn a grade. I want to be able to point to these ... grades- which will be A's!- when applying to business school in a couple years as a way of shoring up ... I went to a target undergrad school (non-ivy) where I had
  • W on Transcript from Withdrawing From a Class Most job applications just want to see your GPA on your resume, not your transcript. Since ... I understand your academic transcript isn't all that important for business school, especially compared to ... effect it might have on my cumulative GPA (which is high enough to be dropped a fair number by a B
  • Do Companies Ask for your Transcript to Check Your GPA? administration, what major GPA entails, which allows you to include/exclude grades from various classes. ... Do the HR of BB's check your college transcript to make sure you aren't a liar? Does ... your GPA? The answer to this question is no. You should never lie about your GPA as there is ...
  • How To Get Into The Undergraduate Program At NYU Stern: A Quick Guide business frats, clubs, or just come to a tour if you don't believe me. NYU SAT Scores- NYU Average GPA ... I knew when applying to Stern. Being one of the only direct admit business school programs in the country ... college applications due in 4 months at most (almost 2 if you ED), it's best to get informed and ...
  • Obtained Vs. Predicted GPA on Resume (namely GS or MS) request transcripts after extending offers? Should I Use a Predicted GPA on my Resume? ... President wrote: GS allows "predicted" GPA to give applicants some leeway, i.e. it's the end ... they'll look at is school, second thing is GPA, and if it's not there that makes it an easy way to ...
  • SAT/ACT Scores about a 3.2 GPA. With my s*** SAT/ACT scores I got into a top 100 college where I ended up graduating in ... 6 years ago in high school? Should I just brush it off and mention my college GPA? Thanks for your help. ... GS) that asked me for my SAT/ACT scores. Let me just say that they were s***, in high school I was ...
  • More suggestions...

Hope that helps.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

did you go to a private school? If so, semi targets like Northwestern, ND, Georgetown, Emory, Vandy, Rice, Hopkins, UVA, NYU Stern, Ross, Brown, Cornell, USC, Middlebury, Tufts, WUSTL, Hamilton (Waitlisted or accepted to all of these that I applied to, don't believe the ones I didnt apply to would have rejected me) are all in play based off my experience. Also if you have a nice experience like athletics it helps. Trinity (CT) is sneaky good for Wall Street.

Wow, you would get into all of these? Northwestern, Rice, Hopkins, and Brown are near impossible to get into. Wondering how good your application must've been lol.... Also what would you consider a target school then? If the only ivies+ MIT & Stanford are then most people would be in bad shape...

If you're interested in banking, some of the best schools to apply to are the top state schools (UC-Berkeley, UT Austin, UVA, U Mich), NYU, and most of the Ivies (other than maybe Brown and Dartmouth). If you need a backup, apply somewhere you feel comfortable getting in to, with at least a few past grads who went into IB recently.

There's no point in trying to apply to schools that don't place a strong emphasis on helping the students get banking jobs or at a school where banks don't recruit on campus much. I'm sure there's a few other schools that have great placement as well but those are what come to mind from what I've seen during the recruiting process.

Furthermore, if you're not interested in banking then most of my advice probably isn't relevant.

not many finance kids at Brown. still a good school, just tends to attract a different crowd than say UMich Ross

dartmouth is kind of in a random area, but I'd say it's still a decent target. Tuck is a top 10 MBA school so firms come for that and also pick up a few undergrads

I would also look into semi targets that place well into regional offices, especially if you're not set on NYC. USC, UCLA for LA/SF, Rice, SMU, Vandy, UT Austin for Houston, Northwestern, ND, maybe some others for Chicago.

Array

Unless you are a URM or you go to a top feeder school like Andover, Exeter, etc........, or you have something that really makes you stand out like international recognition, getting into Ivies will be almost impossible. Same would go for the top public schools if you are out of state. As someone who's worked in my schools (one of the aforementioned tiers) admissions offic, you will be seen as very smart but also very lazy whatever the case may be. There are just too many kids with perfect scores AND 3.9+ GPAs. Try the applying to college forum on reddit. They can give better advice about getting into schools

Edit: I did not realize this was posted a year ago.

Most Helpful

Sint est enim enim dolorum. Dolores impedit optio incidunt fugit. Aut vel quod et repudiandae voluptas sint eum. Ut sunt eligendi et laborum illo expedita et et. Doloremque dolores voluptates voluptates est ullam quasi et. Exercitationem distinctio impedit aut sed ut eaque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”