I am certain that I want to be in private equity in the future. Now, I understand that there are multiple routes of acheiving this, but some are better than others.
Year: Rising senior
Institution: UC Berkeley
Internship: start-up company as a quantitative analyst building models
My GPA will be on a lower end of the spectrum when I apply FT at 3.4. What is the most feasible option?
- Get a job at a small IBD after graduation --> small LBO or MBA
- a mid-tier consulting firm with a concentration of projects in the financial industry
- other types of financial firms (please specify) --> MBA --> PE
- Corporate job --> MBA --> PE or industry exp. then PE
In the case that I decide to stay an extra semester here in order to obtain an, what type of internships should I focus on?
I am aware that I am far behind many other individuals competing for the same type of positions. However, I was a pre-med student who learned about these exciting opportunities only later in the undergraduate career. So folks, please help me out. Thanks.
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.