Why Don't We Just Sell Detroit To The Highest Bidder?

Seriously, the area is a DUMP. Same goes for Albany. We should just sell it to the Saudi's or whatever the fuck & offload these shitty liabilities from our books

Add CHI and SF to the list...NYC will be joining shortly. 

Whenever someone makes a flippant remark about how NYC or SF can’t die, show them this video: 

No one in Detroit then had any idea how disastrous government policies would be in hallowing out its fourth largest (and arguably richest) city. 

-It's already two billionaires' pet project.

-Property rights exist in the USA

-Detroit is growing really quickly right now.

heister: Look at all these wannabe richies hating on an expensive salad. https://arthuxtable.com/

Is one of the billionaires the Quickenloans guy? I've heard he's done a lot for the area economically

I’m a fun guy. Obviously I love the game of basketball. I mean there’s more questions you have to ask me in order for me to tell you about myself. I'm not just gonna give you a whole spill... I mean, I don't even know where you're sitting at

Analyst 1 in AM - Equities

Seriously, the area is a DUMP. Same goes for Albany. We should just sell it to the Saudi's or whatever the fuck & offload these shitty liabilities from our books

A dump compared to what?  Owning a ranch in Montana?  Sure.  Most other American cities?  Maybe not so much.

Ozymandia

Analyst 1 in AM - Equities

A dump compared to what?  Owning a ranch in Montana?  Sure.  Most other American cities?  Maybe not so much.

These people do not like the cities where companies hire finance people.  Makes sense right?  May be they should move should move to a rural town in Alabama but I have a feeling, they are not going to make this decision.

Baltimore is potentially a contender but not San Fran in my opinion where you have a lot of negatives but a lot of positives.  In my opinion, Baltimore and Detroit are basically all negatives which is different.

NoEquityResearch

What major American cities do you think are worse than Detroit? Pretty short list there....

That wasn't exactly the question.  The OP said Detroit was "a dump".  I don't think there's any question that parts of Detroit are quite ugly - that goes for any urban area (or really any area at all).  There are also parts of Detroit that aren't like that at all. 

I'd rather live in New York, or Boston, or Philadelphia... but I'd rather live in Detroit than Biloxi.  I actually like Albany, though like many small cities of its kind, it's far preferable when the Legislature and the SUNY system are in session.  The question wasn't whether there are preferable places to live other than Detroit, which is a very subjective question, but to what municipality Detroit is being compared with.

I would be a serious buyer of Detroit.  After I purchase all the assets of Detroit.  I evict every person inside the city limits.  Sell the houses to the East to Gross Pointe and let them annex the town. Tear down most of the houses (save the grand old mansions), rebuild downtown and make Detroit the face of the new Hydrogen Economy.  Create farmland to the north. Modern industry to the west (Dearborn).   Make Belle Isle the focus of the rebuild.  Increase the port and rail facilities.

Wait 20 years.

Namaste. D.O.U.G.

Saudis like to pay hot white women to shit on them. They aren't interesting in what's already a dump.

Never discuss with idiots, first they drag you at their level, then they beat you with experience.

Maga country GDP

Let's be frank, many of the comments in this thread are some kind of dogwhistle going off the fact that most Detroit residents are black.  Curious what the reaction to selling white regions of the US that are struggling to other nations would be.  Probably tears and victimization.  For the record, I support neither.

Drumpfy

Maga country GDP

Let's be frank, many of the comments in this thread are some kind of dogwhistle going off the fact that most Detroit residents are black.  Curious what the reaction to selling white regions of the US that are struggling to other nations would be.  Probably tears and victimization.  For the record, I support neither.

Let's be frank you made this about race and are just projecting your racism on other people. I had no clue Detroit was majority African American until you mentioned it. Detroit has serious issues like crime, burned down buildings, massive unemployment, illiteracy, etc. the list goes on and on. If you want to say let's sell random city in a flyover midwestern state by all means go ahead and create that thread. Of course, you're probably unable to name one, whereas this discussion was naming very famous cities (Detroit, Baltimore, etc.) that were once great cities but have gone by the wayside. You seem like one of those people who somehow manages to turn every conversation into something about race or microagressions who are miserable to hang out with. No wonder you had to import your SO...

Array

Animi omnis aspernatur vel qui ducimus nulla. Vitae vitae iste rerum ut. Eveniet laboriosam autem vel numquam enim inventore voluptate. Exercitationem nisi nihil totam quidem pariatur ut ut libero.

Laboriosam deleniti est sequi iure assumenda. Rerum maxime voluptate suscipit expedita perferendis sit quia. Sed qui facere et voluptates quia sit.

Magni possimus ut non tenetur voluptates occaecati odit et. Fuga et hic quasi veniam sint recusandae dolores. Facilis vel ea nemo atque commodi sed.

Est nihil nulla nisi architecto dolores. Sapiente in voluptatem sed dolores nihil quaerat cum. Voluptatum animi qui pariatur et expedita sint. Dolorem repellat cumque consequatur similique.

Doloribus asperiores explicabo atque similique sint. Quas dolore consectetur qui tempora quasi distinctio. Et fuga beatae cum dolor. Voluptatem neque accusantium magni minima et culpa. Facilis pariatur quos ratione velit.

Aliquid officia voluptates quae sapiente. Magnam molestiae porro cumque autem atque. Sunt autem accusamus ipsa officia. Laudantium aut quis facere et a facere non. Non culpa consequuntur sit. Quam nam saepe et omnis consectetur aut velit.

Omnis ut ea in aut. Libero cum accusantium voluptate dicta tempore consequatur doloremque. Aut iusto pariatur cumque quaerat quaerat dolorem. Quos nihil aperiam possimus quae eligendi est ad aut. Nostrum distinctio laborum molestiae temporibus.

Molestias non iste quaerat maxime. Aut qui dolore illum magnam minima. Enim reiciendis eos sed consequuntur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”