Most Helpful

just finished my virtual internship. It was not a virtual internship as is offered by some banks just giving some modelling training or smth but it was really working on deals and other efforts for clients.

Main good points on my review: • responsive: picked every call and was on top of emails and other messages from the top • communicative: communicated when I could/couldn’t make a deadline and made sure to ask the right questions if something from a task was unclear to avoid submitting the wrong analysis (happens more often than you think) • attention to detail: even though I was not able to print my work and didn’t have the optimal set-up (1 monitor + laptop on a small desk) I was on top of the tiny details and only made some small errors • saved the team time: perhaps the most important point, as an intern you are supposed to save the analysts’ time, not requiring tons of explanation or guidance. Know your shit around ppt and xls and try to figure things out yourself first before asking the analyst • work hard: work as much as you need to get the job done. Unfortunately, it will probably be the case that you are free in the morning/afternoon but will be swamped with work in the late nights • bonus: take some initiative and be proactive in flagging potential issues in the work you provided or flag key takeaways

Hope this helps you!

edit: did not (yet) receive a formal offer due to covid, so cannot tell you anything about the process there

Array

I mean answered every call. It may seem a bit basic but I have also had to cooperate with other interns who for one reason or the other did not return all my calls and left me in the dark for over an hour sometimes when working together on a project.

When working from home, don't go play Fortnite or watch Netflix in your downtime. For a limited amount of time you have almost infinite resources to explore on your firm's drive. You can look at precedent pitches, IMs, models, market updates, interview prep material and what more. I was always working when I was expected to, if not directly for one of the analysts/associates I was trying to proactively set up something and if I could not find anything for that I was just taking inspiration from work the team had done before.

This allowed me to (1) always be available to my colleagues and not be stuck in some stupid game and (2) improve as much as possible over the course of my internship.

Array

I know this is an older post but I want to say that I appreciate this attitude. It's a big part of what I look for in my SAs

You are correct in your approach of using the company tools. Read, look at the history of presentations, look at the Excel formulas in there, go through the decks - which ones are good, which ones suck. Use the company directory, call someone, introduce yourself around the floor, meet other people that aren't even part of the SA program, do something! That's exactly the kind of attitude that gets noticed at my BB and I am not surprised that you got a return offer. 

Good Luck!

@anabananaboa Many interns have already secured full-time offers. Before summer internships began at Citi Group this summer 100% of the intern class were extended full-time offers (as long as they meet basic requirements). Also, virtual interns are receiving some additional benefits such as being paid 10-weeks of pay, despite only working for 5 weeks. They will also receive their typical relocation allowance ($2,000) despite working from home. Not to mention being held strictly to 40 hour work weeks as online usage is heavily monitored and in person networking is cut off. I’d say, they have it EASY to what it was like just one year ago! Only negative is, it will be harder to stand out for those interns that are not guaranteed full-time offers.

Let's pump the brakes here. Just because the auto FT makes the news, that doesnt mean they can't deny you. It makes for good press, right? But they can always find a reason why you don't need to be a part of that BB. Also, the auto part doesn't mean you'll end up on the best teams. There's going to be a pecking order among the better managers and they're going to know who the better performers among the SAs are, they're not stupid. Top performers will get picked by top managers and so on down the line. 

Labore totam reiciendis minus at fugit debitis. Ipsam asperiores qui iusto soluta voluptas et. Voluptatem commodi accusamus repellat minima.

Facilis est ducimus autem tempora aut at dicta. Minus dicta quo et neque sint at a. Voluptatibus blanditiis aliquam esse. Eligendi nihil aut necessitatibus in iure illo perspiciatis.

Quia voluptate voluptatem autem iure fugiat tempore. Quos ipsum praesentium ipsum et. Enim quaerat ea facere repellendus. Veniam soluta nobis ut illum cupiditate ducimus. Sint ea voluptatem eum ea dolor odit mollitia.

Ut cum possimus aperiam rerum. Magnam a quo eum ducimus necessitatibus nam labore. Eum omnis sunt cumque placeat ducimus minima beatae. Non enim est corrupti et non et consectetur. Inventore nostrum ipsa illum dicta eaque. Reprehenderit voluptate saepe voluptate magnam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”