I decided to get rid of my "woe is me" attitude and started grinding. I learnt that they're winners and losers in life, those who get started early on win and others lose. I purchased theand books off , great use of my money. I got to work and made a few pitchbooks on some companies that the BBs are currently working on. If I contact a VP or MD and send it to them with my name at the bottom, will they laugh at me or will they see I am a serious person who wants to better my life with a good job? I studied technicals like crazy and I pretty much can kill the interview. My only issue is the MD will see I'm a Freshman at CC.
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you can, read the whole story. Anyone out there that's gone through tough shit, heads up and never give up!
My living situation as a child
I was born in a third world country (middle east), very (and I cannot stress this enough) shitty living conditions. Dirt roads, little food,...+241 by BigTuna5 in IB
- Did anyone see this story that just came out? Stud first-year out of NYU charged with insider trading. The idiot bought calls on EFI right before their acquisition by Siris Capital. What a fucking moron, only made $100K as well.+96 by SeekingTheta in IB
- Sans Trump and his legionaries, feels like most are ready for a slight contraction right before things consolidate. Markets are up despite the inverted yield curve, but things are almost certainly likely to get worse before they get better, right?
Trump goon Moore could barely even deny...+85 by iBankedUp in OFF
- I saw this post on Glassdoor and can confirm this is 100% true. Do not be blinded by the positive reviews as Justine (the MD) forces her employees to write them.
-Terrible culture with toxic work envirnoment
-Employees are “highly encouraged” (i.e. forced) to leave artificially positive...+39 by john.smith_3 in IB
He was on suicide watch for months. That means they would have constant eyes on him. They would make sure his cell is pretty much bare of anything he could use to self harm. How the fuck...+38 by 2733278823 in OFF
- I saw this on twitter and I thought damn that's a good question.
Someone else said "That time has far more value than money."
I answered "still waters run deep"
Someone's calm or quiet nature does not reflect their level of depth, likability, or...+35 by isa2130953 in OFF
- **UPDATE: APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN NOW!!!!...and closing soon (phone invites starting to go out this week)**
Fellow WSO Primates, I've been thinking of how we've been putting out a ton more AMAs + podcasts, etc lately and I want to double down on that since it seems like it's...+34 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+24 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- Hello fellow monkeys,
This probably sounds like a joke, but I'm 2 months into the job and I'm burning a hole in my wallet going out to buy lunch everyday. I want to try and bring lunch from home a few days a week. What do you guys do for lunch if you bring it from home?+23 by markiv199 in IB
- What I heard was Nate Paul's company World Class Capital in Austin is getting raided currently. Anyone know anything?+21 by lux21 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug21Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/21-8/238:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug21WSO LA Meet Up: Wed 8/21, 7pm, The Bungalow (Santa Monica)7:00 EDT Online
- Aug27Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Boston, 8/27-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Aug28Private Equity Boot Camp -- New York City, 8/28-8/298:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City