Not a current employee and haven’t checked with my recruiter but I would say that for ST and IBD they’ll be in person. No one on the street is going to give them flack as long as they have a testing program and vaccines are making the rounds. The uproar from going virtual last year (although necessary) will likely push them to keep it as traditional as possible this year.

What "uproar from going virtual" are you talking about? 

You have literally no idea what you are talking about haha 

Realistically, you should prepare for it to be remote. Even if 60-70% of individuals get the vaccine by June (decently big if), the country still needs to distance, etc. The liability of some college student going out and getting sick is pretty big and a buddy at my ex-EB has said HR has basically said don't expect in person. obviously it's a wait and see situation but you'd have to be pretty optimistic to confidently say, today, that it will be in person

Most Helpful

There was no clear indication whether the vaccine even prevents transmission of the virus (or to what extent if it does). Also, no clear indication how long the vaccine can protect you from an infection. On top of all of this, there are various mutations and the pharma companies are now testing how the vaccine will face them (they will most likely work, but it is not clear yet).

Overall, Dr. Fauci said that he "estimates" to have herd immunity through vaccination by "the end of summer 2021".

I interned at a mid-sized HF in NYC this past summer. They let a few interns who were based in NYC go in a few times, so I could see something like that happening for smaller firms. Obviously this isn't possible for banks, but I could see something like this for smaller firms.

There is this theme on this website of not understanding the operational characteristics of banks, especially large banks. They have many different business units and massive headcount. Things are rolled out slow to say the least. You guys seem to think they only care about getting IBD back into the office. Newsflash: they have a ton of shit on their plate, some of the people making these decisions will also be involved with decisions for branches and shit (Citi, JPM, BoA, WF). 

There isn’t a group of senior operations people sitting around right now thinking of ways to make sure SA 2021 is in office. Banks move slooooooooooooooowwww and they have a lot of stuff to deal with, do the math on that. 

What are people’s thoughts about West Coast offices like LA/SF? 

Vel rerum dolores sit neque. Aut rem et dicta itaque eligendi consequatur officiis. Aperiam et laboriosam recusandae animi ea rerum. Officiis eaque a dolorem sit vel dolor.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”