Will SA 2021 be in person ?

Haven't heard anything from HR and trying to figure out if I need to find housing in NYC. Has anyone heard whether or not their internship will be in person or online? Trying to figure out what the general sentiment is.

Starting full time this year at an EB, and when asked if training over the summer would be in person I was told the assumption (as of now) is that training would be virtual but they hope to have some people coming into the office by the time we hit the desks. Don't know if this helps at all, but I think it's fair to hold off on housing for now. 

How long is your training expected to last? A few weeks, a month, 2 months?

Very high chance that it's virtual. With the start of internships being about 4 months away with wide scale vaccination probably not happening for another month or two there's no way they're going to do in person even if the situation starts to improve. Theres a lot of planning that goes on behind the scenes to make in person happen and I dont think banks will take the risk of getting these things setup to have to say in person wont be happening at the last minute. Banks would need to give everyone at least 2 months heads up to let people know of their decision and I dont think that they can make a decision in April especially as we'll prob see a small spike with these new variants 

MS hasn't said anything but speaking to my contacts, it will most likely be online. Friend of mine at GS was told the same.

Are there restrictions on where summer analysts can live if it's remote?

JPM said training will be virtual, but blurred the lines after that saying HR will provide more information on when to book travel and accommodations. Coin flip at this point.

Everyone wants in person but the logistics to make it so are difficult. You also have full time staff that are still in split ops so there is little sense for SA interns to be in person if teams are split or WFH, from the bank’s perspective.

My thought would be to hold off on housing as long as you can. There’s a plethora of deals and apartments to find so you’ll be able to move quickly if things improve and you learn differently. Until then, no point to commit to something.

For full time starters, much the same – I find it hard to believe that any bank will commit to what a start looks like, be it for training or otherwise, this far in advance.

Anyone know if GS SA will be virtual, hybrid, or completely in person? Will it be a company wide policy or will each location make their own decision?

If it is virtual, does anyone know if they would be the full 10 weeks? I’ve heard from people at Wells and BofA that there internships got shortened to 5-6 weeks and they just spent time doing case studies and non deal work. I’m assuming this was due to the lack of planning for virtual last year, but does anyone know if this would happen again?

Can confirm GS email. Optimistic since America will probably be better by early/mid July based on the models these days. Only time will tell.... 

UBS announced virtual. Got this email last week: 

The COVID pandemic continues to be a challenge and many aspects of our daily life have moved from in-person to virtual. Because we expect this situation to continue, we anticipate that the majority of our summer internship program in the Americas and UK/EMEA will be virtual. 

Nisi delectus voluptatem et sunt eius sequi. Harum quis hic harum et cum. Voluptatum consectetur deserunt neque amet magni praesentium nemo corrupti. Blanditiis modi qui asperiores ut odit.

Voluptatum ut aut non aut asperiores. Fugiat itaque sit dolor nulla. Voluptatum atque ducimus quia rerum. Iste accusamus corrupti fuga. Nobis facere voluptatem eius sint. Possimus deserunt inventore sequi omnis nulla nam.

Sunt consequuntur eveniet sunt accusantium. Minima tempora corrupti aperiam autem omnis aut. Consectetur aspernatur qui hic ut in omnis sunt velit. Magnam animi vel nesciunt molestiae. Rerum ut consequatur qui inventore quibusdam molestias.

Expedita et tempora accusantium quis qui. Alias consectetur repudiandae esse qui iusto. Reiciendis quis repellat perspiciatis accusamus ex quasi. Nisi reiciendis ut eos tempore. Dolor officiis corrupti delectus. Nobis molestiae et id saepe.

Molestiae soluta et voluptas. Quo enim vero quae. Deleniti aut minus optio aut sint ipsum. Quia sunt officia tenetur qui architecto. Iusto eius magnam iure ut.

Velit quibusdam ratione libero dolorem amet voluptas commodi. Eveniet aspernatur deleniti dolor. Nulla autem nihil consequatur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”