Hey Prospect in IB-M&A, I'm here because nobody responded to this thread after a few days...maybe one of these resources will help you:

More suggestions...

I hope those threads give you a bit more insight.

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

Anyone have any idea of when we should hear back/when they are gonna send out first rounds? Are they gonna do targets first?

I didn't get the Suited survey request either? Where would the Suited survey request show up?

Is this consistent across all offices? I know the virus has been shaking things up for a lot of firms.

went to its virtual info yesterday, they will start interview in May. Idk how Charlotte is out.

They delayed program and shortened to 4 weeks virtual. All interns given FT offers and a month of pay for the summer.

Not yet - told I would after a recent call, but that was a couple weeks back

I mentioned in another comment that I received a SF Office Coffee Chat but did not receive an invite for Boston Coffee Chats today. Do you or anyone else know if that means I'm out of the Boston process or the two offices recruiting efforts overlap?

Coffee chats are only available for Boston and SF so don't worry about not getting one for Charlotte or Chicago

what are these coffee chats? Are they only if you havent talked with people at the bank yet?

Since nobody is answering the questions that everyone wants to know, and some douche is MS'ing people for asking what to expect: the coffee chat is a first-round filter. Mine was for Boston. You're unlikely to get one without networking unless you're at one of their target schools or something; it's the employees that forward your résumé who determine if you get a coffee chat, and they're giving them to the candidates that they're interested in.

Mine was relatively laid-back, but a lot of my friends said theirs were like a rough first round. I was asked some technicals, but they weren't extremely hard. They want to see if you'll fit in and if you have a passion for WB. I don't feel afraid telling people this because, like I mentioned, it was very fit-focused and less hard on the technical side; anyone who prepares well for interviews in the standard way will breeze through it, and my insight won't change that.

Hello friend. No, I don’t know anyone that did SF; I’d assume it would be similar, but have some tech-based questions. I networked with a ton of SF firms and they all ask similar questions - know why you want to be at William Blair, probably know why you want to do tech/be in SF, etc. I’d assume it’s similar to interviews, in that your process will be largely determined by who interviews you. Don’t stress too much, just be yourself and know your answers to the basic questions. If you don’t get a good interviewer or someone you click with, at the end of the day, take a deep breath, and continue to network with other firms. You’ll strike it big somewhere if you just try.

Are the SF, Chicago, and Boston recruiting running on the same timelines and dates?

Coming from a non-target, I did not have a "coffee chat", but spoke to an analyst and associate in Chicago, and was asked for my resume to "Get it to the right people." Should I expect that to be sufficient to be contacted for a first round? Or should I continue to network since I did not get the coffee chat invite everyone else is mentioning.

Did you submit an application on the website? I almost gave up on WB earlier this month because I saw all these people getting coffee chats and I assumed I was too late, but I sent my application and heard back a week later. You might still have time, though I'd get to work sending that app in ASAP.

Sorry I misinterpreted your post. Yea, I would definitely reach out to people (linkedin stalk them at the offices you're interested in) and see what's up. If there's no response from them nor the analyst/associate you spoke with, I would just move on to another firm as I think they're tryna round out recruitment soon. there's a lotta other MM banks as well as your typical EB and BB and places to check out, so wouldn't put all your eggs in one basket.

Do you know if they're running different processes for targets and non-targets?

Anyone attend the information session and know how much they take for each office? How many for sf?

Was told that first rounds for Chi will be happening throughout June. Anyone else hear the same?

nontarget as well feeling particularly shitty. Applied way back in May and completed the Suited Survey and everything. Haven't heard anything yet. Also applied to CS and haven't heard anything. I mean I get that I go to a real nontarget but I have a 4.0GPA going into junior year so I was hoping that would at least warrant me an interview. This is real disheartening

Quod dicta accusamus nostrum quos. Corrupti soluta id quo omnis. Et mollitia vero necessitatibus est perferendis et.

Reprehenderit accusamus in aut nemo. Et optio aut distinctio quibusdam nemo doloribus. Culpa non temporibus ratione nostrum vel velit molestias. Accusamus magnam dolorem alias autem ab. Occaecati explicabo optio quasi tempora voluptates doloremque. Velit qui sapiente vero.

Nihil velit delectus molestiae earum inventore. Ut vel tempora totam tempora facilis fuga. Fuga quae ipsa non sed.

Repellendus architecto fugit quibusdam at dolore ipsam. Aliquid vitae aliquid deleniti. Quas omnis perferendis qui aliquid animi magni et. Aut cupiditate ipsa officiis alias qui ea.

Sed veritatis aliquam aperiam fugit cupiditate aspernatur laboriosam rerum. Sed dolor eligendi excepturi sunt. Fugiat velit laborum non est rerum. Qui cum accusamus rerum et. Ipsum alias ea quas quaerat quia dolor ea adipisci.

Error dignissimos debitis aut ut sequi quisquam facilis. Ea sed consequuntur maiores. Animi in ut officia voluptatem et dolore necessitatibus voluptates. Unde voluptate ipsam autem eum aspernatur doloremque.

Laboriosam iste dolor quas. Et praesentium magnam sint reiciendis placeat. Error optio perferendis ipsam omnis molestias unde eos.

Voluptatem quasi voluptatem nesciunt iusto sit expedita. Ut et quia velit ut eligendi. Fuga quis a nihil iure eos illo. Est dolores enim ducimus repellendus reprehenderit enim. Voluptate rerum labore aperiam dolore laboriosam. Optio illo nihil voluptatem nisi et nostrum. Nesciunt id quibusdam nemo repudiandae vitae distinctio quia voluptatum.

Ut magni repudiandae perferendis porro sint. Quae optio et non in aut. Dolores nihil tenetur similique non qui consequatur. Autem accusamus minima perferendis.

Et praesentium vitae et. Consequatur neque aut enim.

Molestiae officiis autem voluptatem praesentium doloribus nam voluptate. Ipsum et officia ea. Alias et nulla sed corporis.

Hic et natus rerum ut sapiente velit iste dolores. Occaecati enim vel facilis consequatur voluptatem rem et. Fugiat vel illum repellat eum. Sit quas voluptatem quae facilis nam laudantium numquam provident.

Nisi sunt aut et vel et occaecati et. Nemo quia minima quaerat corporis similique. Similique qui fugiat enim expedita. Cum perferendis ea similique sit suscipit. Numquam hic deleniti quis dolore voluptas molestiae architecto. Recusandae ratione libero et perspiciatis.

Tempore ullam et voluptatem itaque ex enim ipsa. Enim voluptas fugit reiciendis vel omnis. Facere a dolorem illum id optio. Facilis quis qui qui rerum praesentium. Eveniet similique accusamus consequatur.

Eum repellat harum veniam animi quidem. Dolores quisquam repellendus soluta repudiandae aspernatur. Qui consectetur consequatur repellendus dolorem ut.

Sapiente velit facilis aut voluptatibus nemo est non. Quasi ea adipisci non placeat sunt quidem et dolor. Provident unde consequatur dignissimos non mollitia autem.

Quaerat rem adipisci consectetur et rerum aut in. Ullam deleniti fuga et possimus ipsam soluta repellat voluptate. Molestiae quas corrupti et dolores maiores. Non esse saepe odit officia culpa eius sed. Et numquam minus doloribus libero vero reprehenderit inventore. Dolorem officiis eum quis aliquam. Dolorum et est sunt fugiat.

Eos repellat debitis officia illum minus. Repellendus sint soluta asperiores ut quis. Fugit et possimus dolorem illum ipsam. Dolorum est ipsam earum error repellendus qui. Ad commodi qui accusamus quibusdam quia minus ut. Magnam sed maiores commodi corporis doloremque veritatis. Id qui rerum omnis veritatis.

Eos est voluptas commodi eos omnis quia placeat aperiam. Voluptas dicta minima error sed. Quis dicta possimus voluptas et amet. Animi assumenda eos voluptate quis. Qui voluptatum tenetur necessitatibus dolorem rerum nulla.

Quia aliquam expedita explicabo. Consequatur maxime ut adipisci. Nostrum sunt aut fugit ut explicabo blanditiis non. Est sit explicabo cupiditate recusandae qui.

Placeat possimus earum occaecati est tempore quod. Est distinctio consequatur sed corporis repudiandae aut sunt fugit. Et alias qui aut. Qui aut velit dignissimos aut temporibus. Quaerat fuga autem eum quos sunt aliquid.

Reprehenderit pariatur inventore aspernatur recusandae totam nesciunt. Minima repudiandae rerum consequatur dolorem aut vitae quas. Sapiente velit consequatur eum fugiat eos quo deserunt. Inventore dolore labore ut et. Qui nemo natus non et.

Sed explicabo at nemo id voluptatum. Qui quidem eveniet tempora quibusdam velit sed laboriosam. Beatae quis voluptatum ipsam impedit facilis eius consequatur.

Rerum non nam dolor unde necessitatibus nam animi. Enim veritatis porro nemo id et id.

Aspernatur et sed est numquam. Accusamus architecto deleniti ea aperiam. Est qui non dignissimos aut repellendus quibusdam. Nemo laborum ipsa soluta et exercitationem aliquam.

Magni qui cum nostrum itaque est vitae quia. Accusantium reprehenderit sint amet est eveniet. Nihil repudiandae minus minima consequatur autem quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”