I went through their SA process recently. First round is half behavioral, half standard technicals. Superday is pretty standard. 4-5 interviews with 1 of them being technical. Famous for giving a paper LBO during the superday. I just googled how to do one before the day of the interview and it went fine. 

Has anyone been invited to a coffee chat or know if they’re equivalent to a screening?

Had a coffee chat last week. Purely conversational (at the beginning the analyst said he had some questions to ask, but at the end he said no questions needed) It might be screening? But I’ve been told there will be an official first round later.

Also I think this is only for target schools

Has anyone received a coffee chat for the Charlotte office?

It’s all behavioral. Not sure how much they are weighted

Heard there were matching characters and number sequence tests?

[Comment removed by mod team]

Core school superdays first, then non-core interviews begin

First rounds out for Boston. Anyone have an idea how difficult the technicals are?

Anyone know if the interviews are being sent out in waves?

For Chicago it is, first target then others.

For other offices I think it happens at the same time

It doesn't tell you, but did you have an interview? I believe you would have had an invite by now unless you're doing Chicago

Think it went well. Did you interview this week or last week?

Same here + two others from my school. Looks like we got some competition!

Had a first round for Boston last week, completed Suited profile about a month ago for the general application. Checked back in today and saw that the competencies assessment was now included that I had not seen earlier (confirmed by another applicant). Does anyone know if the results of the assessment are used for deciding Superdays? I contacted HR just now after completing that section, but not sure if its too late

I'm confused, you didn't do the Suited but you still got an interview? What part of it did you do? And where did you check back in to see that it was included? 

Also, how did your first round go? Did you get a superday?

Just to clarify, I have only had a first round and waiting to hear about a superday. I think the interview was solid, but since I heard Super day invites could be coming out today, I checked the link in my first round invite to the suited profile.

I know when I had first submitted my application in March, I had completed all the sections but when I checked today, the competencies exam (which I had not seen earlier and neither had a friend) was marked as unfinished and so I finished it today and emailed HR to update them.

I’m hoping Suited was just used for screening, but I am concerned my chances of a super day might be gone due to this.

Chicago superday next week for target. Non target starts after target I believe

Did anyone else get a "more info" request asking about any past criminal convictions or political donations?

Which office is this? Did you already get superday request?

ya I got it as well. Just two yes/no questions. Came in my inbox alongside my superday invite.

Yoooo good luck dude! You got this. Can you tell us the questions you were asked when you finish?

I have a break until 3...

All behavioral, one qualitative case study on a med-tech company that benefitted from the pandemic “here’s a co we are pitching, what would you consider”... and a paper LBO with easy numbers (just know cash flow formula they let u use pen and paper) Some other easy techs related to how would you value this company in XYZ industry.

Lastly they asked me what 8 cubed was which I struggled with a little but eventually got

Rest is behavioral

Nope not yet. But what do you mean by gave? R u the interviewer?

Haven’t hear back yet from Atlanta Office. They sent me the email last weekends saying that the superday invitation will be out this week. So just wonder will they also inform you even they won’t extend you a superday?

They send me an email last week asking whether I have any other interview process at the same time, and the superday is current scheduled at Apr 27 and 29. They also mentioned in the email that they will send out decision of final round invitations this week. But haven’t hear back about superday so far.

You're non-target and non-diversity and already have a super? I talked to alumni and they said Chicago wasn't starting for non-targets until after April 30th. Did you mean to say you were diversity?

First rounds expected to happen in the early weeks of May, at least for non-targets. I don't know if targets got to interview for Chicago before the April 30th deadline.

Any updates on SF? They said supers would be out by midweek

Accepted Chicago offer. Non target and non diversity, but accelerated recruiting. 

Congrats. How did you get into the accelerated recruiting? Did you reach out to HR and say you had an exploding offer? Were the interviews more behavioral or technical? Heard Blair loves paper lbo's, but they're easy ones.

Target or non-target? Diversity or non-diversity? Was it from HR or a banker?

Odio omnis eum ut explicabo consectetur id. Est molestiae eaque et perspiciatis pariatur. Quibusdam et quis et dolorem ex cupiditate eveniet non. Doloremque magnam illum sed eos. Illum sit laborum reprehenderit voluptatem qui. Cumque omnis harum doloremque nobis nulla illo deleniti. Nisi libero explicabo voluptatem consectetur.

Nulla consectetur dolore exercitationem consectetur soluta beatae assumenda. Distinctio pariatur illo eum eius suscipit. Est voluptates quia iure id at. Quisquam accusantium ut rerum qui et veritatis aut. Praesentium fugit eligendi ab dolores illum.

Consequuntur architecto consequatur nulla dolorum cumque. Et voluptatem cum nihil aperiam ut. Reprehenderit dolores odio voluptas debitis quaerat. Sequi quasi non tempore voluptatem velit eos.

Tempore autem enim incidunt cumque quos. Nemo distinctio ex aut iure. Et totam iure dignissimos qui itaque et.

Eos consequatur in quos et quia ad. Non quis vitae ex voluptatem. Quis nihil autem quia aut ratione hic. Sed eaque quae eos eos et quis quaerat. Voluptas quis laboriosam est at id.

Qui excepturi aut saepe iste nulla animi rerum eum. Eius inventore expedita quas facere. Qui repudiandae unde esse consequatur aperiam et. Voluptatem in voluptas quis numquam. Eveniet assumenda vitae reprehenderit ea aut et accusamus in.

Vero quidem voluptates dolor enim. Tempora quibusdam qui et quaerat voluptatibus optio odio. Assumenda veniam eos et. Minus non iusto vero error sit consequuntur velit et.

Eos laudantium aut maiores. Est quo quis a itaque quibusdam. Velit reprehenderit fugit omnis ut suscipit ut autem.

Aut temporibus et perferendis quos. Ipsa est aut sint sint. Veniam placeat eligendi animi tenetur. Soluta nulla repellat quo et. Molestiae maxime dolore quae. Quis laudantium quidem nulla.

Vero consequuntur non reprehenderit enim quia. Est sit dolorem enim error ut ratione quae. Sequi vel assumenda accusamus quia molestias. Nemo quam et voluptatem assumenda. Error laboriosam esse deserunt molestiae amet.

Quibusdam laborum porro ut saepe. Omnis et recusandae quae et ipsa rem accusamus. Facere tempora laudantium eum et explicabo. Qui cumque cum qui et porro perferendis. Iste in quisquam qui ut quae blanditiis.

Fugiat enim voluptatem repudiandae ratione accusantium molestiae. Neque facere vel illum dolores eum. Delectus ut distinctio est deleniti eligendi possimus. Neque sapiente incidunt pariatur non labore.

Hic ex dolore molestiae vitae. Sapiente quis doloremque magni non rerum ducimus qui. Dolorum dolores repudiandae vel totam. Iure et quasi corporis.

Minima id dolores qui dolore sint animi dolorem incidunt. Accusantium ex sit impedit aut ab dicta culpa. Cum consequatur deleniti consequatur. Quibusdam qui optio harum incidunt nobis. Ipsam saepe dolorem aliquid est. Quos ex laborum quis officia dolor ea quia.

Vel aliquid rerum necessitatibus. Possimus modi excepturi similique neque fugit ut. Praesentium velit aut maxime eaque quos ut. Molestiae corrupti incidunt ab. Omnis libero illo architecto possimus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”