WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (20)

Sep 21, 2020 - 8:35pm

safe yourself some money and go to macys.

Get a tommy hilfger or something down large jacket. It looks fine and keeps you warm. Just buy a maple leaf patch and attach it to your jacket if you want 

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 - 10:14pm

Canada Goose and Moncler are like uniforms. If you want to be like everyone else (boring!), then why not. Also I really hate those bug fat logos. Kinda makes you look like a show off.

If you want to be your own person (but not standing out too much), try something else. I personally like Woolrich. Brooks Brothers jackets are actually pretty nice as well.

Sep 24, 2020 - 3:44am

You're in NYC, just buy a black pea-coat like everybody else.

I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.
  • Associate 1 in PE - Other
Sep 24, 2020 - 7:57am

Stone Island, essentially the Italian version of Canada Goose. Pajari is another Canadian brand but from Montreal, the jackets fit quite nice and are of the same quality as CG.

Oct 5, 2020 - 8:56pm

If you have to buy a 5k jacket to look cool I'd argue you are major major coping for being ugly or uninteresting.  Chad can wear a 8 year old jacket from target and still slay(and be just as warm)

Array
Oct 5, 2020 - 9:08pm

Theres a 0% chance anyone would know it's Loro Piana unless they were familiar with the brand.  It's also a good thing I couldn't care less what others think about my purchases lol and I don't purchase things so women find them interesting.  With that being said, it's a solid jacket. Chad's pea coat from Macy's won't be waterproof cashmere. 

Oct 6, 2020 - 5:45pm

nolayingup

Yeah, it's expensive, but it's only $5400 which compared to most people's watch collections or other investments, it's a drop in the bucket for a good quality piece. 

Until you throw it in the jacket pile at a new years house party in midtown with the 20 other black peacoats, and end up with something both the wrong brand and the wrong size because somebody else snagged yours.  Hey, I did get free poppers and condoms out of the deal though....Although I didn't really like how the replacement coat fit TBH.

I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.
  • Analyst 1 in Risk Mnmgt
Oct 6, 2020 - 7:34pm

Look into Private White VC. Heavily recommend their coats. Or Norse Projects-their Rokkvi Coat is waterproof and packed with down.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

June 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (205) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (116) $151
  • Intern/Summer Associate (97) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (27) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (427) $131
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (341) $82