Would love some feedback on my expectations
I am applying to B school this year, and am not sure if my expectations are in line with reality.
- 4 years of experience as private equity associate (mid market ~$500M fund); great deal experience; west coast-based
- short stint in I-banking before PE
- 3.4 GPA from top 15-20 undergrad school; finance degree
- GMAT: 680 (re-taking soon)
- moderate extra-curricular / volunteer work; nothing extraordinary
UCLA and Berkeley are schools I would like to go to and expect to get into (at least 1 of those). HBS/Chicago/Stanford (any top 5 school) are my stretch schools and may not be worth applying to.