Would YOU Give Me An INTERVIEW? (SA 2021)

In your opinion, would my resume pass the SA screening process?
Would you give me an interview if my resume was dropped on your desk? If not, why?
What should I change in order to improve it?
I landed something for the spring and hopefully even an internship for the coming summer, volunteering and founded a student association. Literally don't know what else I could do, I'm ready to start a company if that's needed to impress a recruiter. Any advice is appreciated.
Particularly curious to hear opinions from people in BBs.

Btw I'm in Europe so the recruiting process will start in a few months.

Have a good evening!

Attachment Size
Resume 98.11 KB 98.11 KB

Can I ask how come Bocconi students apply to intern in London? Wouldn’t you need sponsorship to work here?

I got 3 spring weeks, did get a return offer but seems like most return offers goes to women and minorities. So not getting a spring week isn’t a disadvantage.

I see some formatting errors but overall is good.

Performance track of one month is not a good indicator, less than 3-6 months does not prove anything

I see too much "trash talk" (something usual at this level) try to get some boutique experience, even a no name boutique would help if you can have 1-2 months. That would really set you apart from others applying for summers at BBs, having that transferrable experience

There are some boutiques that may be open for summers if things go to normal, nevertheless your profile should work in order to get some intereviews.

Remember that once you land your foot on a AC you have to show genuine interest and be yourself n order to succeed.

Most Helpful

i'd suggest "outperform" instead of "overperform".

My first question would be - what's the benchmark? remember the benchmark has to track your region and has to be similar risk profile. hard to explain briefly but if your portfolio invests in US market, you can't have the FTSE 100 or Italian inflation as benchmark.

Other than that seems ok but the strongest point is that probably you're in a target. you'll be fine as long as you are good in interviews but it doesn't strike me as a super strong CV (i'm a final year student)

EDIT: Be prepared to answer questions about the "wrote a technical consultancy, providing the judge in charge with a technical analysis on which to base his decisions". I have no idea what that means and it sounds like BS.

"startup's CEOs" doesn't make sense. Startup's (single start up) CEOs (plural)

languages section can be cleaned up like: Italian (Native), English (Business Proficient), German (Advanced), Spanish (Basic or Conversational? - don't lie). No one cares about your English certificate and I've never heard CAE ever before. And if you say that your English is Business Proficient and your German is Advanced - I get the idea that your German is better than English, is that correct? If not, change your use of words.

and yeah don't say "perfect knowledge"

EDIT 2:

Use the grid function, zoom in, and carefully check your spacing between rows and whether everything aligns well.

made new unrelated account - dont reply or message as i never use it. 

Damn that's in-depth, very helpful, I'll implement your suggestions immediately. Even though the judge stuff is not BS I'll try to make it seem less like it, I'll also try to include the benchmark, but it has a long name and it'll be hard to remain in one line.

Never heard about those word functions but I'll definitely work on that, thanks again!

Nostrum maiores et aliquam qui accusamus. Ab autem consequatur ut commodi. Necessitatibus voluptatem est dolorem. Quis tempora dolorum officiis quae et.

Consequatur dolorum quia ipsum. Quae ut adipisci nobis. Recusandae reiciendis recusandae velit modi unde corrupti. Nesciunt aliquid omnis molestiae alias quia.

Vitae voluptatum maxime sed iste earum. Quis nihil fugiat voluptate repudiandae quam. Quidem delectus vero iusto officiis consequatur sit. Asperiores ut et doloribus.

made new unrelated account - dont reply or message as i never use it. 

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”