WSO Internships & Employment Opportunities

Join the Wall Street Oasis Team!

Open opportunities for students:

Open opportunities for professionals:

OTHER:

TESTIMONIALS:

"Working for WSO has been one of the best experiences I’ve had so far. Coming from a non-target, both reading and working for this site has given me great insight into everything finance. Not only that, but the company has a great reputation and it was a tremendous help having WSO on my resume. A lot of people in the interviews said how cool it was that I worked there and one of the interviewers was even in the same graduating class as Patrick! I’ll be starting my BB summer internship soon at a top group and I have to thank WSO for it. If you have the opportunity, it is one of the best things you can do with your time. "

— Michael (Blogging & Content Intern, 2014)

"I discovered WSO when one of their articles was picked up by another site. When I looked over the content I was impressed by the originality and candor from a variety of people. It is not often that you get seasoned professionals, new additions and those looking for a gateway to their future profession in one place sharing information in such a candid fashion. I found a number of articles very insightful and well written, especially those parts of the business where I am not well versed; and a few even provided some much needed laugh out loud moments. My decision to write was due to the quality of content on the site, value of information dissemination and an opportunity to enhance my communication and writing skills while delivering thought provoking"

—Lone Wolf, 2013 Contributing Blogger

From this thead: WSO Intern and an overdue (and long) thank you!
"My internship with WSO was a great experience and helped me in many ways. Having such a recognised brand name within the finance community on my resume set me apart from other candidates and gave me an interesting hook in my applications. Also, I could kill two birds with one stone as I got the chance to explore many insightful and interesting discussions while carrying out my internship tasks. Furthermore, it was great working with Andy & Patrick as they were always patient and helpful. In addition, the WSO guides are useful resources for interview preparation, and they have definitely helped me in clinching a summer internship! I would definitely recommend this internship to anyone who is serious about breaking into finance."

— Jacqueline (WSO Intern Spring 2014)

"I'm only about halfway into the internship, but it should be said that the tangible benefits definitely outweigh the amount of work you do. First off, Andy really wants to help you out: I initially began as a forum discussion starter, and was luckily given the chance to be a weekly contributing author-- nice addition to my (previous lacking) resume. Second, not only am I exposed to finance and business knowledge exponentially more than before, but I've become a much better writer and have created more opportunities for myself; I've already gotten another internship off this, as well as an interview for another one in the spring. Employers love the name, think it's wonderful that you're tech savvy, and can trust that you know a good amount about business. Additionally, you get the WSO guides-- which were surprisingly jam-packed with useful information. These aren't your typical e-books that should really be 3-page articles... these are thick, no-BS bibles that will lead you closer to your dream job. Finally, the CEO and COO are really nice guys! You won't regret this decision.

1/22/2013 update: Would I be able to keep this position indefinitely? You would be shocked at how WSO has opened up doors for me like this one. Being that I'm going to grad school for finance soon, I'd love to keep contributing."

—Jake (Writing Intern, Fall/Winter 2012-13)

"I enjoyed my time reviewing resumes with WSO. It's a great way to make some extra cash while giving back to the community. You get to see some impressive resumes and really make an impact in the lives of people who are trying to break into the industry."

— Justin (Resume Review Team)

"The rep program is one of these low risk high return investments that no one believe in. Investing only a few hours a week, the program allowed to extend my social circle, and I met most of the finance majors at my school within the first few weeks of class. All of them heard at least once about the website, and I know it has been helpful to a lot of them. My social media activity fed real life conversations with other students but also with professors in class. Getting free access to WSO resources, such as the interview guides, is a HUGE asset, that allowed me to land several interviews and improved the way I approach networking. Would recommend the program to any finance student who wants to meet peers from other colleges and get access to the perks. Great line on the resume, great perks, great team, what else!?"

— Etienne (#1 Overall Campus Rep 2014-15)

"I wanted to take a moment and say thanks for the opportunity to intern and be apart of the WSO community. I recently transitioned to a major US bank as a FIG credit risk associate. As a political science and non-target undergrad, I never really thought I had the chance to land at a major bank. WSO gave me solid name recognition, talking points, and access to tons of great information. Just goes to show with some networking, hard work, luck, and WSO, most anybody can land a solid position at a name brand firm. Thanks again to you and the WSO team; let me know if I can help in the future."

— Tim, SEO intern, Fall 2013

Are there still actively NYC meetup hosts? It's been a while since I've seen one posted, and I am so down for one now that I live in the city

Make Idaho a Semi-Target Again 2016 Not an alumnus of Idaho

generally speaking it means helping manage other interns (with my guidance) and taking on a project with a lot of responsibility, e.g. leading our blogging intern team.

if you want more info send me an email, i'll be adding one more intern in January

WSO Content & Social Media. Follow us: Linkedin, IG, Facebook, Twitter.

Running on nil sleep, so probably a dumb question but what do we do after filling out the form for the Blogging Internship?

Entered my email and watched the videos; but am reading comments about applicants sending in resumes. Do we await to hear further from you, Andy?

Ignore my Title and Industry - I can't seem to change it under 'Edit Profile' lol

Rerum eum beatae perferendis quis non nulla qui est. Temporibus ut voluptatem nam. Sit iusto ut voluptatem perferendis quibusdam at.

WSO Content & Social Media. Follow us: Linkedin, IG, Facebook, Twitter.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”