WSO Weekly Wrap-Up (10/10-10/16)

In case you missed them, here're some of last week's most popular topics:

Advice from an ex-IB MD: Eight tricks to ace your 1st round interview
Post By @wilowallstreet"

Good news - you passed the 1st test - your resume has been accepted and they want a 1st round interview with you. A 1st round interview is just another screening tool to narrow the resume file further. Having conducted 250-300 1st round interviews in my sixteen years, this is what I would recommend...

Improved WSO Search
Post By @WallStreetOasis.com"

Hey guys, just a quick update. We have made some improvements to WSO Search in the last few weeks. We hope this will make finding the best information in the WSO archives much easier. As always, we welcome your feedback!

Endowments & Foundations Part 2: Asset Allocation
Post By @BlueWing"

Part 1 gave an overview of the E&F industry, and now Part 2 is going to go into detail on a crucial part of the E&F investment process: asset allocation. Many call E&F professionals asset owners rather than asset managers, however I see them as both.

Ask an Analyst (Bulge Bracket 2-3 yrs experience)
Post By @jimkeen"

Ask me anything. I want to share my experience in the IBD at a BB firm in the US . No topics are off-limits.

Where is the industry going for young professionals?
Post By @Khayembii"

Does PE still have the same level of interest as it used to for young professionals looking to make the jump from banking to the buy side? Can they still expect comparable salaries? If not, where do you think a lot of professionals will become interested in going?

If you could go back, would you still have gotten an MBA?
Post By @Human Capital"

Curious to hear about what others have to say. It seems as if the consensus is to get into a top 10 MBA program, but of course there is the high cost as well as loss of income.

MSF Tips: Why You Should or Shouldn't Get One
Post By @Johny-Doo"

Four years ago, I made a fateful decision to get an MSF degree. I badly wanted to break into Wall Street, live the lifestyle of a big swinging dick with models and bottles, and not have to study a buttload of stuff like a doctor or engineer. I was successful at it, but I did see several people fall short, even Americans, who should've had an easier time than international students who comprise much of the programs. If you want to get this degree, here are some things you need to know.

MLB PLAYOFFS - Cubs
Post By @cubsfanatic8228"

WOW. If you asked me at the beginning of the season if the Cubs would be here, I would have said no. They have a long way to go! It feels GREAT to be excited again about Cubs October Baseball. Regardless of what happens during the rest of these playoffs, those rookies grinding out those tough playoff games against the Cardinals this year is HUGE for their growth. I did not let up the entire game- I knew the Cardinals are dangerous, but I'm in awe.

Dating as an Analyst
Post By @Princeton Business School"

Does anyone have any experience dating banking analysts when you were a banking analyst? It's tough enough dealing with one unpredictable schedule- is it even possible to deal with two? Does anyone have any advice on how to make it work?

Temporibus voluptatem laboriosam perspiciatis ut repudiandae. Est enim ullam ad cum molestias placeat. Qui dolorum quidem velit rem natus. Natus sapiente in qui aperiam laboriosam error. Rerum dignissimos ducimus quisquam esse ut eos accusamus.

Et eum facere illo ipsam aperiam. Eligendi veniam deleniti veniam sapiente quasi. Est recusandae ad aut harum ut laboriosam dolore perferendis. Veritatis possimus aspernatur soluta tempore est omnis ab. Et id rerum eligendi sint vero quo sed. Voluptatibus dolores odio tenetur sunt et possimus est.

Culpa eligendi sint ut error fugit. Pariatur laborum saepe doloremque incidunt voluptatem aliquid natus molestias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”