Zoom events are cringe as hell

I can understand that you pretty much have no other choice in a work context, but dear god are there any uni students who unironically take pleasure in having drinks/dinner on Zoom? Can you fathom more cucked behaviour?

Imagine ordering a nice meal at home and then recording yourself while pretending that you are at the same table as some classmates/friends. This is pure dystopic shit 

LSE/FTSE invited me to a "zoom wine tasting" over the summer. The event itself was rather meh, despite being hosted by the head of the winery's tasting room.  I'm not going to complain though, I got 2 bottles of $100+ wine out of the deal.

The only difference between Asset Management and Investment Research is assets. I generally see somebody I know on TV on Bloomberg/CNBC etc. once or twice a week. This sounds cool, until I remind myself that I see somebody I know on ESPN five days a week.

It’s legitimately pathetic. I don’t know why people think this will be a thing after (yes, it will end) this is done. I guess it’s a good proxy to know who to not hang out with.

Zoom is a videoconferencing platform. You shouldn’t be eating/drinking/playing games during a video call.

It's become the absolute go-to for everything. I think it has basically replaced phone calls for some odd reason. I need it to tamper way down once things start to get back because I don't like it at all.

Zoom has become a verb a la Google way, way too quickly and I’m not okay with that at all. That just fuels the normalization of this all.

Funniest

Whenever I feel down about having to socially distance and do things over zoom, I just thank god I'm not Ozymandia or financeabc

I dont get how people live in a shithole like the above. ill hang myself before i let me place get trashed like that 

It's what happens when your blogging career doesn't take off and mommy and daddy ween you off...Then you just get aggravated and start protesting.

Only on WSO, could video conferencing become an evil liberal plot to take over the US.  Companies have been using video conferencing for decades and it is very useful.  Instead of flying to the middle of no where, you can head to a conference room.  It saves companies money.   I do appreciate the chance to have Zoom Meetings with older family members who may not be interested or want to meet in person.   Of course, we would prefer to meet in person for a large family event but we are probably not going to do it in the near term.   For college, it does kind of suck.  Everyone I know in HS or college thinks it is joke.  

There is a legit 1 correlation here of libs on this thread saying that this is "the new normal, etc etc." 

Yfinanceabc

Only on WSO, could video conferencing become an evil liberal plot to take over the US.  Companies have been using video conferencing for decades and it is very useful.  Instead of flying to the middle of no where, you can head to a conference room.  It saves companies money.   I do appreciate the chance to have Zoom Meetings with older family members who may not be interested or want to meet in person.   Of course, we would prefer to meet in person for a large family event but we are probably not going to do it in the near term.   For college, it does kind of suck.  Everyone I know in HS or college thinks it is joke.  

You clearly didn't read the OP

Array

Let's start shaking hands and doing things in real life like men do. It's worth it to fly out and get the face-to-face. You just can't capture that with some pixels on a screen.

All these new technology is slowly deteriorating this world...

Whether you love it or hate it, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if virtual meets become increasingly mainstream and accepted even in a post-pandemic world especially when you hear people say that the people in the youngest generation who grew up in the digital age generally don’t really give a shit about in-person interactions. The world places a very high priority on convenience. 

Do we live in the same world? You sound absolutely delusional

Yeah that's what you should tell yourself when everyone else is out hanging out/socializing/enjoying life while you are home doing whatever it is you do. Like it or not society is going to move forward, but feel free to not join. Judging from your responses here I'm not sure you have much value to add anyway. 

LOL, why are there so many dumbass conspiracists on this board?

Getting vaccinated, social distancing, and wearing a mask should not even be political.  Just do it

Commodi adipisci tenetur totam. Ipsum beatae atque magni in quia ipsam aut. Quos dolorem sed est ducimus vel. Laborum nemo molestias quos reiciendis. Qui saepe omnis occaecati quae veniam. Et sed fuga nisi magnam omnis repellendus.

Sit suscipit ea occaecati illum recusandae. Ullam quia magnam cupiditate earum.

Quasi qui ipsam aut sed hic qui rem. Itaque cumque ut ducimus perspiciatis eum reprehenderit.

Fugit quas quis quia reprehenderit inventore aut ex. Sint expedita sunt necessitatibus adipisci itaque autem veritatis sed. Incidunt vel dolorem ut repellat et quis.

Array

Eligendi reiciendis natus velit architecto eum. Laborum odit sed quia sunt itaque et. Non nihil vero atque. Culpa fuga consequatur officiis accusantium esse officia quos.

Qui similique voluptates corrupti exercitationem voluptas ipsa. Reprehenderit veniam velit delectus excepturi. Rerum aperiam rem qui animi fuga et. Adipisci praesentium id sint fugiat non qui deleniti. Officiis ipsam voluptatum qui tenetur.

Cumque voluptatem et occaecati et. Delectus eaque ratione ut praesentium ut vitae omnis. Iste quisquam maxime officia cumque deserunt a. Voluptatem ut soluta voluptatibus tempora sed reprehenderit. Velit rerum provident qui pariatur.

Deleniti aliquam aspernatur est non nihil. Numquam quas enim quis sequi repudiandae itaque numquam. Ut neque commodi exercitationem aspernatur. Sed placeat velit quidem dignissimos. Excepturi rerum et minima illo consequatur accusantium. Illum doloremque quam enim voluptatem.

Illum corrupti molestiae molestiae quibusdam facere laborum recusandae. Animi eveniet quia necessitatibus et libero aut iste. Architecto ullam iure perspiciatis ducimus quae autem voluptate. Enim debitis et id incidunt. Velit facere accusamus et enim consequatur.

Minima velit saepe doloremque incidunt. Est consequatur sed explicabo architecto numquam in. Veniam doloribus blanditiis error hic. Amet est voluptas ipsa ut similique. Voluptatem unde id voluptatibus nihil.

Sint praesentium dolores placeat est eos asperiores. Mollitia sed voluptas eos error velit ut recusandae. Quia eos eligendi quo iusto delectus odio. Quis autem rerum nemo reprehenderit exercitationem excepturi dolore. Odio voluptatem qui quia labore sit.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”