Zwift just raised $450 million in funding led by KKR

Subscribe

pretty cool

—-

https://techcrunch.com/2020/09/16/zwift-maker-of-…

Zwift, a 350-person, Long Beach, California-based online fitness platform that immerses cyclists and runners in 3D-generated worlds, just raised a hefty $450 million in funding led by the investment firm KKR in exchange for a minority stake in its business...”

Comments (8)

Sep 17, 2020 - 10:12am

Johnny Cashflow

Has anyone used this? Interested in thoughts. 

How "real life" is this? Is there an attachment for your bike to increase / decrease tension? For example, is it harder to pedal if you are going up hill in the video?

Yeah it becomes harder to pedal on hills and you have to shift to a lower gear or pedal harder.

I also weigh myself before every session - your weight affects speed.

Zwift is a lot of fun for me. I just got it this past spring and am addicted. I have a Wahoo Kickr Core direct drive trainer. 

The Zwift races are a blast too.

"If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else, it will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them." - Bruce Lee

Sep 19, 2020 - 12:22am

I genuinely don't get who is buying this stuff--Peloton, Zwift, etc. I could do 3 years of high-end cycling classes with hot girls, pumping music, amazing light shows, and professional trainer for the cost of these setups (a complete, true and proper immersive Zwift setup runs around $3k + monthly subscription). I just don't get it. But they're obviously popular. 

Array
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2020 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (17) $704
  • Vice President (45) $323
  • Associates (255) $228
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (37) $203
  • 2nd Year Analyst (141) $153
  • Intern/Summer Associate (133) $141
  • 1st Year Analyst (561) $129
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (544) $82