IMPORTANT NOTICE: In order to be considered for this position, you MUST attach your resume. Additionally, we recommend that you do not attempt to apply using Safari; we suggest using Chrome.
PJT Partners is a global advisory-focused investment bank. Our team of senior professionals delivers a wide array of strategic advisory, shareholder engagement, restructuring and special situations and private fund advisory and placement services to corporations, financial sponsors, institutional investors and governments around the world. We offer a unique portfolio of advisory services designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. We also provide, through Park Hill, private fund advisory and placement services for alternative investment managers, including private equity funds, real estate funds and hedge funds. To learn more about PJT Partners, please visit the Company's website at www.pjtpartners.com.
PJT Camberview Overview:
PJT Camberview, a business group of PJT Partners LP, is a leading provider of investor-led advice to public companies on engagement and shareholder relations, activism and contested situations, sustainability and complex corporate governance matters. PJT Camberview helps its clients succeed by providing unique insight into investors' perspectives on long-term value creation, interpreting the evolving governance landscape and creating effective strategies to stay ahead of investor challenges.
Our services include:
Shareholder Engagement | Governance Advisory | Sustainability | Complex IR Strategy | Say on Pay |
"Vote No" | Environmental, Social and Governance Shareholder Proposals | Activism Defense |
Hostile and Complex M&A | Defense Preparedness
PJT Camberview seeks an experienced and highly motivated Associate to join our advisory team. The Associate will play a vital role in supporting all aspects of the firm's core business.
Responsibilities of the Associate include, but are not limited to, the following:
Execution of Client Engagements
- Identify and analyze corporate governance, activism, contested M&A and proxy voting issues facing public companies and assist in developing a plan for successfully advising companies on these issues
- Research, analyze and develop materials relating to corporate governance trends and takeover defenses for public company board of directors and senior management
- Prepare sophisticated and effective information memoranda and management/investor presentations on key issues facing clients
- Assist with drafting talking points and Q&A to prepare clients for meetings with institutional investors and proxy advisory firms
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client, its business and its governance structure
- Demonstrate the capacity to work directly with clients and prospective clients, successfully contributing to both relationships
- Help execute on identifying, prioritizing, and engaging new clients
- Prepare senior leaders for speaking engagements and presentations in a variety of forums
- Serve as a leader and mentor to Analysts, helping to develop the next generation of Associates
- Assist in identifying and recruiting new team members
We seek to hire individuals who are highly motivated and intelligent. Successful candidates will possess the following:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience within any of the following types of firms, preferably with some exposure to corporate governance matters: Strategic consulting; Public company in a role supporting the board of directors or senior executives on governance matters; Other corporate advisory role; Investment banking
- Bachelor's degree, with a strong academic record
- Experience performing in-depth research
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Ability to comfortably interact with senior-level executives and clients
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
See in Google Maps
New York City, United States