This candidate will manage the day-to-day functions of the rapidly growing New York business development team. He/she will manage a dedicated team of pitch professionals and be responsible for drafting, maintaining and refining marketing materials and pitch execution; conducting market and deal research; tracking industry/client trends; identify speaking opportunities; and collaborating on bespoke practice-specific initiatives/projects and general practice support, including client events and seminars.
- Collaborate with the Director and other team members on the development and execution of meaningful strategic corporate business development and marketing initiatives;
- Manage a small team in the execution of the Firm's pitch production process from the point of opportunity through to completion, including drafting key sections to tailor proposals/pitches to specific prospects/industries/sectors;
- Work with the partnership to develop clear, concise and compelling marketing material for use in proposals and formal RFP responses, survey and directory submissions and website information; attorney biographies, practice descriptions and experience lists;
- Manage and review market, industry and client research for business development initiatives and pitch preparation;
- Proactively provide tracking and reporting analysis on the BD efforts of the region, along with re-alignment where needed;
*Research and develop on-point visibility opportunities, such as industry seminars and speaking opportunities, sponsorship opportunities and targeted events, to increase an individual or group's profile; and
- Working with all functions of the greater Business Development & Marketing team, including Operations,
- Development, Systems, Communications and Business Intelligence.
Qualifications & Requirements
The candidate will be well versed and experienced with public company and private equity M&A transactions, including financing and will be able to distinguish among various types of transactions as well as have the ability to distill complex deal information into a succinct, digestible format.
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience within professional services with proven business development, client development or marketing experience is required
- Exceptional communication skills, including an innate ability to communicate to the stakeholders on overall efforts, progress and results;
- Very strong project management abilities to lead and control large, complex pitches, proposals and RFPs;
- Strong background in business intelligence, target research and client prospecting;
- Able to easily and quickly develop rapport and build relationships while displaying key influencing skills; and
- Must possess an executive presence, political and business savvy and display diplomacy, and respect.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint. Proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel is required.
See in Google Maps
New York, NY, United States