Job Title: Equity Research Associate - Health Care Services
Reports to: Sr. Equity Research Analyst
Location: New York
This individual will work closely with senior research professionals to assist in preparing and executing analyses of industry groups, individual companies, and their securities within the healthcare industry. The ideal candidate will possess a strong sense of intellectual curiosity, passion for the stock market as well as the ability to be a strong team player in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare reports, opinions, recommendations, and statistical data, financial statement modeling, for use in the formulation of the investment policies and/or recommendations of the firm.
- Collect, evaluate and apply statistical and financial data on the economy and financial markets, specifically with respect to researching common stocks within healthcare industry.
- Analyze and synthesize researched data and presentation of trends and ideas with regard to business opportunities and investment decision-making processes.
- Interview company executives or industry leaders to develop and maintain sources of information in preparation of analyses.
- Maintain company databases using spreadsheet and database software.
- Prepare studies and other data for firm publication issued to the general public.
- Prepare and disseminate special studies, models, forecasts, and/or presentations to furnish information for investment decisions.
- Answer inquiries from firm personnel regarding individual securities or industry groups.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Qualified candidates will possess a BS or BA in Business (with a focus in accounting or finance). MBA or CFA candidates preferred.
- Healthcare Services Investment Banking or Sell Side experience focused on HC Services strongly preferred
- 2+ years of Wall Street or relevant experience preferred for BS and BA candidates
- Must possess solid writing and communication skills
- Must possess the ability to synthesize data and articulate findings through excellent presentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Support h1B Visas?:No
- Job Type:Recruiter Posted
- Job Start Date:06/03/2019
- Location:New York, NY, United States