The operations team oversees back and middle office service delivery to the Investment Managers and other internal clients. The operations team support Janus Henderson’s business and facilitates growth by delivering a high-quality and cost effective service.
Overview of the Role
The main purpose of the role is to support JHI business and to facilitate further growth by ensuring that the Third Party Administrators (TPAs) provide a high-quality fund accounting service specifically focusing on the NAV and price production functions.
Whilst fund accounting has been outsourced, the Fund Valuations team retains responsibility for these services along with the accuracy and timeliness of the fund NAV and price information to internal and external clients.
The fund range comprises of hedge, retail and Investment Trust products which are domiciled globally, including but not limited to UK, Luxembourg and Cayman.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the business by overseeing and controlling the fund services and data delivered by TPAs and suppliers, principally overseeing the following for timeliness and accuracy
- NAV / price production
- Price publication / distribution
- Fund Accounting data for publication
- Other fund return validation
- Maintain the elements of the TPA due diligence matrix relating to the Fund Accounting, NAV and price production process
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the TPAs and Vendors to ensure delivery to the SLA
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with Distribution, Client Services and Product so that Fund Valuations is first point of contact for all enquiries
- Validate exceptions highlighted by the NAV oversight model and drive internal and external changes to improve the processes and the resulting service for the funds
- Investigate and resolve issues identified in the oversight model ensuring appropriate preventative controls are implemented
- Oversee Periodic Fund Accounting data delivery (for example month end data, Total Expense Ratios, Month end NAVs, Turnover and Yields)
- Develop fund expense budgets and monitor expenses for accuracy in the NAV and publication purposes.
- Review of fund balance sheet and profit and loss accounts for oversight and product change purposes
- Review the processes, procedures and controls around the operational management of the Funds and assist in developing a best practice operational model
- Ensure the shareclass hedging operating on the hedged classes is effective
- Oversee the performance fee calculations administered by the TPAs
- Ensure single and dual pricing policies are administered in line with fund documents and TCF principles
- Ensure Fair Value Pricing is administered in line with fund documents and TCF principles
- Administer the NAV error remediation process
- Produce periodic Management Information on behalf of the team
- Assist Transitions with RFPs/ DDQs and in implementing Fund launches /changes ensuring error free service from TPAs
- Work on allocated projects to ensure administrative (not oversight) tasks are outsourced or automated
Assumes additional duties as assigned